E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
Don't get your hopes up. The USA and Europe use different measuring systems for 'Octane' which means there 'equivalent' is a smaller number. "The octane rating on American gasoline pumps is usually the average of the research and motor octane numbers, which is sometimes called the anti-knock index. In Europe, pumps have traditionally displayed the research octane number."

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Time will tell!!!!

Impossible Performance told me they had done some golf E-05's and they were making 250-270bhp. I think Revo's E-05'd ibiza is going on the rollers @ stealths RR day at the end of the month we will have to see what happens with there car, torque figures and graph looks not to shabby though. I always thought an E-05 ibiza would make 250bhp/270lbs ft, i might not of been to far off, i am sure jabba can get me the extra 15bhp i require as Mike told me they have made 250+bhp of a k04 how long it lasted is another question.:cheers:

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Originally posted by Madmile
http://www.ecodetuning.com/Pictures/e05/18te0591.pdf

It's Looking very good for the E-05 equiped Ibiza's, due shortly.:cheers:

Running optimax i am sure Jabba can make further improvements on the bhp figure. Poor Yanks and 91 oct fuel.

Diff fuel rating diff power
These are the dyno readings from an apr'd beetle 1.8t using diff fuels.

91 octane: 201.8 hp, 241.0 ft-lbs

93 octane: 212.1 hp, 269.4 ft-lbs :

Noting that those figures are @ wheels.... reckoning multiply by 1.15 for flywheel values

so 232 & 243

still not earth shattering.

Re: UK Revo'd Ibiza with E05 - It's not been setup right just yet due to time so I was told on Friday.

M

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Re: Re: E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

Originally posted by m0rk
Noting that those figures are @ wheels.... reckoning multiply by 1.15 for flywheel values

so 232 & 243

Re: UK Revo'd Ibiza with E05 - It's not been setup right just yet due to time so I was told on Friday.

M

No one knows exactly what these cars are gonna come out with ,
even if we only see 235-250 bhp and 270 lbft ,
i can't see how you can say "still not earth shattering " 'cos compared to a 2.0 16 v cordoba putting out best 160 bhp and 150 lbsft ,
i think its safe to say the extra 80 bhp & 120 LBFT OF TORQUE is GONNA BE EARTH SHATTERING .

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it was more of a comment that if you can get 220bhp & 240lb/ft from 'just a chip' on the k03 then it's not earth shattering to go spend £x000 to get a little more (from those figures)

but if you want to slag my car off & make me think that you have inferiority issues then that's fine.

M

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Here's is the bhp/torque they are claiming @ the crank.

01-09-04
Dyno results for the E05 have been proven very impressive for a modified stock turbo on 91Oct fuel. 235HP & 275ft/lb's of Torque.

If we said 91 oct was about the same as 95 oct UK fuel, then running optimax should see a 5% increase in bhp='s 246bhp. How much more power does running the optimax prog from revo make than the stnd prog. Also i would take into account where the car was dyno'd Ie temp California 30 oc, compared to our current 5-10 oc. Also i think we make more power on the roads than we do on dyno's. Impressive not massively compared to Bills car, but compared to a new Lcr 225bhp chipped i think it will be.

chipped 225bhp Lcr 280bhp/1380 times 1000=202bhp/ton
torque 290lbs ft /1380 times 1000=210lbs ft/ton

Ibiza e-05 240bhp/1119kgs times 1000= 214bhp/ton
torque 275lbs ft/1119kgs times 1000=245 lbs ft/ton

:cheers:

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Re: Re: E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

so 232 & 243

M

I dont know whether i have read it wrong or u have m8, but the wheel bhp is 204whp and the wheel torque is 239lbs ft. 204whp times by 1.15='s 234bhp and 239lbs ft times by 1.15='s 275lbs ft. :cheers:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
i wasn't 100% sure if the torque would be scaled by the same factor. can't be trying to do too much maths on a sunday.

the two figures I got were from:

93 octane: 212.1 hp, 269.4 ft-lbs

but i just worked out the power.

still i think that a 15% transmission loss is 'optimistic' & rather rounded.

but hey, they're yanks & they're 1/4 miles are only 300m long.

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
it was more of a comment that if you can get 220bhp & 240lb/ft from 'just a chip' on the k03 then it's not earth shattering to go spend £x000 to get a little more (from those figures)

but if you want to slag my car off & make me think that you have inferiority issues then that's fine.

M

Wasn't aware i was slagging your car off mork ,i was only making a comparison between your car and mine plus the comment of "not earth shattering " ,
as far as being inferior "IF THE CAP FITS " .

You have to understand what peeps are trying to do as they strive for that extra performance and the £££££'s they are investing in a mod that as yet is unproven to deliver whatever BHP??!!

Lets just wait until the cars are done then any positive comment good or bad will be appreciated .

As far as 220 bhp from a kkko3 i don't know of any Ibizas running at this figure ,
most are 192- 210 bhp, and as far as the 212 bhp Revo cars are concerned there has been plenty written on that sbject in another thread .

E05 250 bhp & 270lbft is still capable of pushing along an FQ 300 ,m3 ,m5 porsche Boxster S etc etc in a straight line .

Earth shattering no, quick , YES

Shock_Xe

Originally posted by CustardCupra
[B
As far as 220 bhp from a kkko3 i don't know of any Ibizas running at this figure ,
[/B]

i did with the miltek turbo back exhaust & race cat!

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
i wasn't 100% sure if the torque would be scaled by the same factor. can't be trying to do too much maths on a sunday.

the two figures I got were from:

93 octane: 212.1 hp, 269.4 ft-lbs

but i just worked out the power.

still i think that a 15% transmission loss is 'optimistic' & rather rounded.

but hey, they're yanks & they're 1/4 miles are only 300m long.

Looking at Jabba site when u look at there ibiza re-map it says it made 209bhp @ crank, and 188whp. I reckon thats trans loss of 10%.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
just that VW 'quote' about a 25% loss as acceptable, that's all

I guess the figures that jabba quote are calculated not measured (for transmission losses)

Too many variables can be involved (pump your tyres up for one) for a whp calculated figure to be reliable.

Wilko

Badge snob
with the ko3s on the glof, I put down more hp@ the wheels than the ecode figures, and more torque. Bear in mind though that the tunings been done in the US in 25C heat.
The e05 is on the glof now, and running with my old k03 software, the cars noticably quicker against the clock.
Hopefully it'll be tuned before the SCN day at stealth, so we can all find out.
I think the car at ecode had nothing but turbo and code, so 205 at the wheel compared to a ko3s putting down 175-180 with just code, isn't a bad improvement. I'll be happy if I get 25-30hp over my ko3s.

Wilko

Badge snob
Well judging by the fact that the wastegate was basically shut with the ko3s, and now is <80% duty cycle above 5500rpm, I'd expect it to do quite a bit more than the ko3s. I'd be hoping for 270+, but I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
On the subject of transmission losses, the calculation should be :

wheel bhp / 0.85 = guesstimated flywheel bhp, not

wheel bhp x 1.15 = guesstimated flywheel bhp.

Secondly, I take Yank dynoplots with a mountain of salt - to say they're prone to over-exaggeration is an understatement.

All that aside, what kind of cylinder head is on those other E-05 equipped cars? Small port like the Ibiza or large port?

If I've understood correctly everything that I've read on this forum, then to obtain a given flow in CFM or lbs/min on a small port head you will require a higher boost pressure than you would on a large port head, all else being equal.

It'd be worth seeing a compressor map from the E-05 to see how much more boost pressure you can run before you're out of the compressor efficiency window which starts to produce more heat.

Add in whatever difference there is between Ibiza & other 1.8T intercoolers in ability to cope with heat produced by the extra boost, plus I suspect that pre-turbine backpressure will need to be reduced via bigger downpipe/sports cat/exhaust as you'll need to to spool the bigger compressor up as quickly as possible to minimize lag. The E-05 uses the K0-3 turbine - is that correct?

In short, what I'm saying is that I would expect the Ibiza to produce lower outputs than the equivalent large port version.

Here's an article with some turbo sizing theory - note how he demonstrates how the K0-3 cannot produce 20psi at 7000RPM.
Try it with the figures for a K0-3 running a peak 20psi at peak torque, say 4000RPM then google for K0-3 compressor map.

http://articles.domestictunerz.com/article.php?ID=135

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.