E-Hybrid Order

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Like many I ordered my ehybrid in October 21 and still have not heard anything. Has anyone had any more up to date in for or build dates yet?

Sinopia

Jun 24, 2022
I ordered my Leon ehybrid in Nov 21 and the latest I've had a few weeks ago is that the factory have said its build estimate is Jan 23, but that there is the possibility of it moving up back into this year (which I doubt). I should have another update in a week or two

Reactions: henry1

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Ok, so not to long left to wait. Still not convinced but trying to forget about it now and hope it just turns up one day! ;)

Reactions: Sinopia

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
There's been ~9 months since the hybrid was taken out of the configurator here. I ordered mine in May 2021 and in October 2021 was still not ready. Luckily they've found in stock. Oh...and in May this year the dealer told me that he kept the order to sell the car and it still wasn't ready...so yeah. That's a whole year

Sep 9, 2022
Ordered mine in September 21. Had a build week of W48 2022 back in May but then disappeared again to waiting for a build week. Fingers crossed soon.

Sinopia

Jun 24, 2022
Has anyone heard any more yet? I have heard from my dealer this morning and they said "The brand has advised we won't see a completed build this year, for any orders in the pipeline. This is due to delays in electrical parts. They anticipate completion early 2023. I will confirm when the factory have a build date"

So a whole lot of nothing concrete really, I am officially at 12 months of waiting.

Has anyone heard anything more/different/got a build date?

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
With the reports in the motoring press regarding VAG group possibly shelving the SEAT brand plus the arrival of the 1.5 engine in the Cupra Leon, I'm beginning to wonder whether, sadly, these ongoing delays are as much of the electrical parts being re-routed to more profitable models in the VAG group and that, eventually, orders will just be cancelled if the brand is closed down. With regards to the Leon itself, I cannot see the point of there being both a CUPRA Leon 148bhp 1.5 and a SEAT Leon 1.5 FR 148bhp. The Cupra is £5K more than the standard FR and £2K more than the FR Sport so more profit on the back of it.

Reactions: Sinopia

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
I waited over a year for any information on my order. Dealer still had nothing. Then i noticed that some dealer were selling their eHybrid test drive cars. So i rang my local dealership whom i'd been dealing with, and asked to buy theirs. Apparently the manager was using it to get to and from work, but they agreed. only 1400 miles.

Reactions: KoNG

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Good news at last. Spoke to the dealer today. Leon e hybrids are starting to get build dates set. Calling back next week but the ball is rolling at last!!

Sep 9, 2022
Got an email last week saying the colour I ordered Ashphalt blue had been discontinued so had defaulted to Grey unless I changed it. Good news if we get dates soon

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
Urban Silver was withdrawn at the same time I believe. I know for seat Leon I had on order I had to change colour, magnetic grey was the default replacement. I went Nevada White instead.

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Urban Silver was withdrawn at the same time I believe. I know for seat Leon I had on order I had to change colour, magnetic grey was the default replacement. I went Nevada White instead.
Has your car been delivered or still on order?

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
Still on order. My order went into error status in December after production of colour stopped. Build week was estimated week 21. Ordered end of Jan 22.

Sinopia

Jun 24, 2022
Awful news, pretty much same for me here. Heard from the dealer this morning and was just told 'no update' and that it doesn't look like anything will change soon. Currently investigating cancelling and swapping for something else too.

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
The problem on cancelling aside from if you lost any deposit, is in the past year prices have risen so a new deal going cost more, plus the increase in interest rates if you‘re going pcp. Garage unlikely lose out as someone would buy a cancellation.

If there is a positive, you never know if MY24 spec could bring something nice, or return of dynamic indicators.