Easy Connect Infotainment system going nuts

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
This morning I started getting issues similar to the original poster, My 5 door FR with Tec Pack was registered in August 2013.

I started the car this morning and noticed that the touch screen wasn't responding, after much prodding it turned out only the top half was unresponsive. The bottom half responded to touch as normal. I fiddled for a while before leaving for work, then on the way to work the touch screen started reacting to non-existant touches, jumped between screens for a bit, then settled down and worked correctly.

I've got two phones paired via bluetooth, an HTC One and a Nokia Lumia 925. It's all been working perfectly till now. If it happens again I'll need to phone my dealer.

In the mean time, has anyone found a way to fix it, or is a firmware update available?

Thanks,
Andrew

I done a hard reset on mine (hold power button down for 30 seconds) and haven't had any issues since.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Got my car from repaint and the media system is really gone nuts! The touch doesn't work, then the system starts acting as if somebody's pressing random stuff... I have restarted it few times. Then I switched the battery off for a minute, pressed the brake three times (to exhaust any remaining power, at least that was the procedure for resetting the ECU on my old Mazda), however neither seems to work. For a moment it was working and I have reset all settings, however it went nuts again.

The car was at the repaint guys for 5 weeks (it was a repair from a hail storm that has happened year and a half ago, however it was now that I was called for a repair which was not done at an official SEAT garage though and was performed by an insurance authorized paint shop). The guys told me to go to SEAT so that they "repair" the computer and they swear they haven't done anything except that the car has lost battery and they have given it external power which sounds BS to me but anyway...

Has anyone found the cause of this problem?

Greenman

Sep 6, 2017
Cold little screen

This may sound ridiculous but I have the same issue, and I genuinely believe its when the car is cold. Mine seems to be worse in these winter months, and sometimes the buttons on my wheel dont always work until about 10 minutes into a journey.

The other day the screen wouldn't respond at all, within 10 minutes of driving with the heater on, it was working no problem! - Go figure!

But yes the only correlation i have noted is the cold weather affecting the display. Bizarre. it's not exactly -10 outside but it is chilly. :rifle:

kingy89

Feb 2, 2008
Stoke-on-Trent
I’ve also got this issue and mentioned it to my dealership and they told me it’s a known issue when the temperature is below 7 degrees that the screen can become unresponsive. I only had the car a few days so wasn’t fully aware often it would happen so left it at that, but now after a week or two it’s doing it all the time until it’s warm inside the car. Very annoying when I only do short journeys.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I’ve also got this issue and mentioned it to my dealership and they told me it’s a known issue when the temperature is below 7 degrees that the screen can become unresponsive. I only had the car a few days so wasn’t fully aware often it would happen so left it at that, but now after a week or two it’s doing it all the time until it’s warm inside the car. Very annoying when I only do short journeys.

The screen needs replacing

mine has been fine since I got it replaced

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The guys told me to go to SEAT so that they "repair" the computer and they swear they haven't done anything except that the car has lost battery and they have given it external power which sounds BS to me but anyway...

Has anyone found the cause of this problem?

Did they use surge protective cables? All repairers should be aware of the correct use of booster cables now, but we know many trained in Dodge City.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.