ecu change to wideband help

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
You'll need the AUM/AUQ lambda side loom, knock sensors, wideband. The EGT and VVT can be disabled by your mapper if you don't want to fit them.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
The only info I no is that some pins need to be swaped to different places on you harness so the match where they should be on new ecu. Need to wire in resistor for vvt if not useing. I wouldn't be changing loom over just changeing ibiza 1 slightly. But that's where I couldn't work it out as didn't no what to swap over as wireing diagrams are wrong

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
No idea about adapting the ibiza loom, I'm just swapping out the AYP lambda side loom for the AUM one along with the sensors to match.

I'm getting the vvt and egr deleted/disabled in the map so ecu doesn't look for it.

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Its not hard engine wise.
I used AUQ loom and ECU,MAF etc.. Its worth noting that the knock sensors need to be changed over as the AYP ones have 3 x wires and the AUQ ones have 2 iirc. I'm also pretty sure you'll have to swap the DBW pedal for a golf/leon style one as the plugs/type is different and i don't know if they are compatible.still cheap and easy enough to do (£20.00 max)
For the VVT I just pluged in the solenoid,I get a timing fault code 1st thing in the morning but once clear'd it doesn't come back.
Throttle body and MAP sensor are the same item so don't need to be swapped.
Can't think of anything else really.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
No idea about adapting the ibiza loom, I'm just swapping out the AYP lambda side loom for the AUM one along with the sensors to match.

I'm getting the vvt and egr deleted/disabled in the map so ecu doesn't look for it.

you've not done it yet have you...

work in progress still I guess?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Its not hard engine wise.
I used AUQ loom and ECU,MAF etc.. Its worth noting that the knock sensors need to be changed over as the AYP ones have 3 x wires and the AUQ ones have 2 iirc. I'm also pretty sure you'll have to swap the DBW pedal for a golf/leon style one as the plugs/type is different and i don't know if they are compatible.still cheap and easy enough to do (£20.00 max)
For the VVT I just pluged in the solenoid,I get a timing fault code 1st thing in the morning but once clear'd it doesn't come back.
Throttle body and MAP sensor are the same item so don't need to be swapped.
Can't think of anything else really.

this information is not correct btw

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
we dont change ANY loom from ibiza.. its all there already aside from the wideband lambda.
repin existing plug plus a couple of other bits.

you may have done it differently, but its not how we do it...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.