ECU changed, supposedly PnP, not working...

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
So I swapped my ecu this morning to one I recently bought from eBay.
The car does start but then cuts out about a second later so I'm assuming the immo is correctly disabled on the new ECU.
Could it be cutting out due to the map being incorrect for my setup?
Was told it was from the same engine (1.8t AUQ)

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
Oh right, I do indeed, I plan on hooking the ECU back up today and scanning to see what it says, I was a little gung ho yesterday and didn't have time to faff.
I also have access to Vagcom too but I have no experience with ECU related stuff. I'll post up my findings.
My car is 2005, I've read some bits about immo3 but I've no idea the year of the car the "new" ECU came off.

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I think you guys are right.
I reconnected the ECU, tried a regular fault code scan and no codes found, however the car/key light is flashing on the dash (as shown in image, ignore the airbag light, seats are R32 and I can't get rid of it).

Is there anyway I can remove the immobiliser from this new ECU?
Or nothing I can do with this ECU now?

Attachments

• 20230312_134115.jpg
    20230312_134115.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 58

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
The only way I know of to remove the immobiliser is to get it removed by a tuner, don't think Vagcom cn do it permanently.

If it was sold as having an immo delete then you can return it (assuming you haven't had it that long) or just get someone to do the delete

Reactions: Upia

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
Ok I'll have a look around.
Not too bothered about returning it, was £37 posted so it's not the end of the world, gives me a spare ECU to play around with I suppose.
Thanks for the info.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.