• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • Hi Guest! The new metal keyrings are now in stock with free delivery in the UK order yours now.

Efficiency- who needs a diesel?

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
AFB8C00F-6D95-4E10-A6D1-17A91CD6AFB8.jpeg
The missus done this dunno how. It’s on a 2018 cupra 290.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zer0

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Seems like these little tsi engines are great on fuel. Some time ago I had a mk3 Leon with the 1.2tsi and the 1 regret I have when chopping in for the Astra is the fuel economy. Although my 1.6t has quite a bit of get up and go you soon get used to it and the mpg (to be expected) is nowhere near the Leon .I was even tempted to look at the Leon 1.0 115 just after purchasing the astra when the Astra drank a huge amount of fuel in its 1st week ! Size wise though I think the Ibiza is perfect for me and the Mrs. I just got to get down the dealership sometime.
Having had 3 years with each, the 1.2 was a way superior motor compared to the 1.0, having a usable torque band made all the difference.
But you can mask the 1.0 deficiencies by ordering a 7 speed DSG and letting that do all the work.

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
I had to look twice at that dashboard , I thought 42 is good at speed of 51 , then saw 51mpg , was this downhill all the way lol ? Dam good figures though.
She must have free wheeled the whole way home. :ROFLMAO:I done from Liverpool to Kent last year and only got 41mpg

Reactions: pompeydave
Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members