Efficiency- who needs a diesel?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I've just been down south, and averaged 57.5 mpg over the tank. Very impressed.

Reactions: IanH72

Tell

Staff member
Went on to the Fiat Punto which was my first new car. Another great little car to drive

Citreon ZX. Ugly but a good diesel engine after years of icing in the Fiat till that use to refuse to start that well. Think it had a pin hole in the fuel pipe but no dealer could diagnose it. Sold it to my brother as is.

Thankfully cars have come on a lot.

Reactions: ayrshiredude

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's one of the options on the MFD. Scroll with the wheel on the right side of the steering wheel. Other options include range, average speed, stuff like that.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
...and its such a meaningless piece of data. I got my 1.2 TSI down to 6.7MPG accelerating gently uphill in 2nd from a stop at a T-junction.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
...and its such a meaningless piece of data. I got my 1.2 TSI down to 6.7MPG accelerating gently uphill in 2nd from a stop at a T-junction.
Completely agree it‘s meaningless.

On the subject of fuel consumption, I’ve found in the VW’s I’ve owned, the mpg figures calculated by the car’s computer for average long term mpg and the mpg since the last tank fill can be a bit optimistic by between 5-10%, so this might also be the case with Seat.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Completely agree it‘s meaningless.

On the subject of fuel consumption, I’ve found in the VW’s I’ve owned, the mpg figures calculated by the car’s computer for average long term mpg and the mpg since the last tank fill can be a bit optimistic by between 5-10%, so this might also be the case with Seat.
6% optimistic mpg readings on my 1.2 Toledo.
Understand it's maybe possible to recalibrate with VCDS?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I will soon be getting an Audi A3 with this engine (albeit with 110PS) assuming no drastic increase in lease payments after Dec 31st. I hope it can almost be as economical as these figures, as A3 is a heavier car. Thought performance wise....well...it's going to be sooo slow!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.