eHybrid - Road Trip

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Looking to gather collective international brain power here....
In the next month or so I'm driving to 'just past' Frankfurt from here in Wales in my eHybrid, with a few stops along the way.
I've a charging cable that I use with charge points in the UK (so Mode 2) so can grab top-ups when shopping etc., but apps I use like ZapMap don't seem to cater for Germany or any of the countries en-route.
Can anyone point me at suitable apps for Europe or even advise if its worth me taking the cable? How widespread are charging points outside of the UK?

UK stickers already ordered.......

neilargyle

Jun 12, 2018
Hi, I’ve been looking around planning my summer hols. I’ve downloaded Chargemap, PlugShare and Electromaps in the Apple App Store. Not used them yet as my order is delayed until after my trip abroad this year. Maybe 2023! 🤣

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
I’ve just traveled from Saarbrücken to Somerset. My feeling is that there are far more charging points in Germany then in the UK. Many Lidls have got free charging points in Germany.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
That's the plan - here to Lille first day then onwards thru Luxembourg. Will probably need a top up in Carre-Four though! Just paid £1.90 a litre fill up here.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
I was there late on the 10th. Was it supporting a top box?
No top box - means theres more than one of us!
The dealers in Germany had a lot more Cupra's on the forecourt and there are a lot more on the roads.
~Unfortuantely, our Infotainment gave up the ghost just as we boarded the train, so we had not Nav, no Radio, no Parking Sensors and the gubbins that go with it, intermittent radar and a whole heap of pops and beeps for the rest of the journey.
The German dealer knew all the symptoms but couldn't get their software (or Cupra main service) to connect to the car, so we're home again but only thanks to Google and my co-driver!