Eibach Coilovers Leon Curpa R

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Hi

Anyone fitted the above and if so how did you find them?

Looking for coilovers for occasional track day and otherwise normal road use so don't want anythign that will break my spine when driving about normally

H&R appears to possibly be the way to go but if anyone's got the Eibach's an opinion on them would be cool :clap:

Cheers

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Zboyd has the Eibach kit sourced via awesome Gti

I had the Bilstein PSS kit sourced via westec which I found excellent

H&R are meant to be good

Also look into adding some uprated Anti-toll bars / front strut brace too, they make a huge difference

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Eibach don tlist LCR specific kit when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago.
Leon yea, but not R, so they would'nt warranty fitment to a non approved car.

If Z runs on em they fit tho..

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Steve

Thanks for the info

I've looked at your previous motor in some detail since finding the forum. Had I found it earlier I possibly would have made you an offer for it as it would most likely have saved me quite a bit of cash now but no matter. Think my own will end up at a similar spec. What made you sell it btw?

Noted re your Billsterns, they're also on my list of possibles :think:

Eibach ARB's will deffinitely be going on

On the strut brace front is the S3 one I've heard about a lower fitment and is there an upper one that doesn't requrie drilling suspension turrets? I'm struggling to find one so far

Thanks

Ralph

Bill

Thanks for the further info

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yep the Prostreet kit coilovers are what I have fitted, but they were a bit of a **** up by Eibach really, as they were not 100% right. The fronts are fine, but the rears sat too low, springs too short it seems.

Fortunately I spoke to Keith Pickford at Votex, just off hand really, and he had engineered some spacers for their Leon R track car running the same Prostreet Kit, this fix gave a taller seating position for the springs, so equalising the height, and kindly got me some made up.

Its a great fix, and they are very well engineered spacers that fit well, dont move about, the springs then are seated snug over a chamfered edge, they made the world of difference on mine, but overall i'd go for a kit that is supposed to fit the car in the first place, i would gather it is why Eibach pulled their kit from the market.

The KONI FSD's are supposed to be a good compromise between handling and ride, coilovers tend to be stiff by their very nature, but some kits do have more adjustability in the ride, but come at a premium.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Before the rear spring spacers, this was the day they had been fitted, well over a year ago now.

prostreet04.jpg

Then recently i've took new pictures of which this is one below, it was last September however that we put the spacers on that Votex made for me.

main.php

As you can see there is quite a difference. So i would recommend aiming for a kit, that is supposed to fit the Leon R.

At the time I went for the Eibachs, there was very little choice, that was as a affordable, and now they are setup right, I am very happy with them, and the car handles extremely well.

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Z

Looks interesting but think it best to give them a miss for reasons you suggest

Guess it's between the Bilsterns and H&R

Thanks

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Cochise said:
Eibach ARB's will deffinitely be going on

On the strut brace front is the S3 one I've heard about a lower fitment and is there an upper one that doesn't requrie drilling suspension turrets? I'm struggling to find one so far

Eibach ARB's won't fit they will rub on the LCR exhaust, Feel had one fitted, the only way is with a custom rear exhaust (smaller rear box) which is what Scotty B did IIRC.

Neuspeed ARB's are bl00dy expensive but they fit and are well made, available from Awesome GTi

Your LCR has the lower strut brace as standard just needs the upper, £58 ish from your local Audi dealer + bolts +fitting you will need to drill the turrets and I would have this done prefessionally unless your handy on the tools.

A bit more info on what I went for and why + conclusions here
http://www.westecperformance.co.uk/customerreviews/suspension.pdf

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think that's wise, its not that they are a bad kit, now they are setup on mine they are very capable as you'd come to expect with much of Eibach's stuff, but i guess they just expected it to fit the Leon R, as it does the ordinary Leon, and it didnt :doh:

Bad R&D on their part. I've heard good things about H&R stuff and Bilsteins, don't think you'll go wrong nowadays.

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Sorry, I meant NS ARB's, not Eibach as had seen them on your guide which you've kindly reposted (didn't note that ZBoyd had Eibach from that though :doh: ) hence my intial post

Noted re S3 strut brace. Think I'll leave that one for a bit as I don't fancy anything being drilled for the time being. Might see how it handles when the other bits are done and then see if I think it needs it

Think I might go for H&R as no one else seems to have them so it would be good to be able to compare to the other kits that guys here have gone for

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Thanks for all the help and various options gents

As I've only just broken the 10 post barrier I can't PM until tomorrow it seems. Once I can I'll send one to Neil 225 for his opinion on his H&R's and go from there. Will check out prices etc for some of the others suggested in the meantime

:)

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
H&R :thumbup: We fitted Eibach coilovers to an S3 when they had just been launched and the rear sat too high. They later admitted the springs were wrong and provided a modified replacement. Ride height was fine after they were fitted. After driving the S3 i think the H&R's are a bit softer - better comfort.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.