Eibach Pro kit?

Nick G

Afternoon all,

Having recently lowered my Mk2 VRS Ocavia Estate with the Eibach Pro spring kit, I'm seriously considering doing the same to the Leon...

Has anyone fitted these and got any pics to hand? I have tried searching but not found much yet...

The car is a 2008 FR TDi - it doesn't sit anywhere near as high as the Octavia did so if anything it will look even better and be a nice improvement.

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Heres the pics of my old FR on pro springs

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah I tried the sportlines first but found them too crashy and hard then changed to the pro springs which I found much better and I stuck with them.
It still sat very nice as you can see from the pictures.
Both sets of springs were supplied by Damian at dpm performance as no one could beat him on price and I had both sets the next day.:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Kev, iv got an fr 2org the btcc kit and am looking at chucking the pro kit on it too. Just a bit concerned about ride height as far as speed bumps are concerned? It's a 50mm drop at the front end so was wondering if u had had any problems?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
The pro springs are only 30mm aren't they?
I'm sure the sportlines are 50mm
I never had any problems with clearance at all running either set with 18 inch wheels.
On my cupra R I'm running h&r springs which are almost as low as the sportlines but the ride is as good as from the factory.
I'd go as far to say my h&r springs are probably the best mod I've ever done.

May 20, 2010
skipton north yorkshire
Kev, iv got an fr 2org the btcc kit and am looking at chucking the pro kit on it too. Just a bit concerned about ride height as far as speed bumps are concerned? It's a 50mm drop at the front end so was wondering if u had had any problems?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Will be fine on pro kit i have sportlines and have no problems with speedbumps

DBD19

Feb 9, 2011
FR CR TDI BTCC and prolines and yes you do have to be careful of speed humps but you wont get stuck ........ for that slight worry the ride and the look will easily win you round

just go for it!

azzman88

Is it just the springs your replacing? surely the shocks will need to be changed aswell? to cope with the increase pressure, maybe not so much of an issue at -30mm but at -50mm surely you'll ruin them? any advice from the pro's?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
This argument comes up everytime on a spring thread.
Lots if people have run sportlines that's 50mm drop with standard shocks for over 30k miles with no problems.
FR has sport shocks and springs already so you only drop a further 30mm which the shocks seem to cope with ok.
I ran sportlines for approx 10k miles with standard shocks then uprated my shocks to bilsteins and hated it the ride was terrible so I then sold them and tan pro springs with standard shocks for another 20k miles.
I've now sold the car with that setup on and the car has now covered nearly 50k miles and still running original shocks with no problems.

azzman88

Cool that kind of clears that up, I'm also looking at getting some, just I do not have a fr or a sports model. Its the 1.9 tdi, so the suspensions mega soft, do you think a -50mm kit would still be ok with the standard shocks kev? I'd appritiate any advice, new to owning a leon :)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Unsure on standard dampers maybe that's asking a bit much of them.
People have fitted the pro springs on standard dampers and been ok.
It's up to you mate but if I was in your position I think I would go with the 30mm drop pro springs unless you want to take the chance.
I can't help but think on sportlines your standard dampers will be knackered after a year or so.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members