Electric boot opener

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Further to my bonnet struts thread I am thinking of adding , after buying a boot opening device which has a button on /in the dash and a button on the boot lid .
Has anyone added one to their Ateca (as I don't think the basic model has one ) and if so can you recommend one and a company to fit it please ?
I am still undecided but I will decide in the summer(possibly be pre reg or nearly new .)
Sorry for all the questions .

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Why would Seat not do the work ?
I think I just want the cheaper version with no under car pedal..

Tell

Staff member
Why would Seat not do the work ?
I think I just want the cheaper version with no under car pedal..
Suppose to be tide to the ECU so the VAG mothership via ODIS rejects DIY fitting although the retrofitter board sponsor is offering something so I understand. Retrofitters know how to side step ODIS.

Mine is factory fitted with the virtual pedal. Saves that extra journey in when unloading or loading the car etc and your arm for the older person shutting or opening 🤗.

Buttons, you got the button on the dash, one in the underside tailgate and one that triggers on the catch for outside, plus the virtual pedal. That thread went on a bit but was surprised when they asked about the button in the tailgate for closing it. They bought the parts, fitted, but got nowhere with it. Presume the ECU stumbling block is the databus and you just can't patch into it 😧. Hence why you need a retrofitter. They had tried some Southern ones but hadn't got anywhere. Possibly bit off more than they could chew.

Last edited:

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
As an aside, I can no longer see the “Coming soon” retrofit on EYR website, so perhaps they felt it was too expensive to offer or couldn’t find a way around the ECU issue.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.