Electrical gremlins

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all, is anyone else having issues with minor electrical problems?
I've had a dash warning telling me my key fob battery needs replacing, so I did and now I'm getting the same message 2 weeks later.
The other thing that's happened a couple of times now is the clock resetting back 00:00.
This is on a car that's only 14 months old and only done just over 7,000 miles.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Hi, I am heaving the exact same issues.
Every couple of weeks, sometimes days, the dash and the clock resets itself.

Went to the dealership 5 times already.

After scanning and collecting diagnostics data from my car for 2 hours, They said that they’ve opened a DIS (whatever that means) to Seat about this issue and will contact me and everybody else once they have a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ateca-chris

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
My Ateca is a similar age / mileage but I haven't got any of the issues you mention.

My Infotainment system refused to switch on a few days ago but Guy at my dealer, SEAT CUPRA Letchworth, suggested touching the power icon for 30 seconds to reboot it, which worked.

Guy

Sent from my XQ-BQ52 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ateca-chris

Tell

Staff member
My Infotainment system refused to switch on a few days ago but Guy at my dealer, SEAT CUPRA Letchworth, suggested touching the power icon for 30 seconds to reboot it, which worked.
That's the normal forced reboot. Useful if it starts too act strange. Corrupted program.

Mines normal Ateca. Apart from the remote batteries on the Kessy wearing out through old age no problems.

There are known to be poor batteries out there so I do use Duracell bought from Amazon Prime. You can check the voltage across the pins when you pull them out. Got a thread on the standard Ateca side.

The car monitors the voltage across the pins and warns you when the battery is low. Original Ateca's don't tell you, 2016-2018 or so. They all set up a VCDS flag when it's deemed that the battery is too low. Although on that thread I did point out that W=VxA, 😉. So if the battery hasn't got much capacity it can fool the voltage check. Hence the need to use quality batteries else you are forever popping open the remote, if you do it yourself. Garages might give you a duff one of you leave it to them.

Seats seem to come with Panasonic batteries, not the greatest make. You can reckon on 12-18 months before you get the warning. If you don't get the warning you will note it's more tricky to use keyless. I change the spare at the same time now and clear the VCDS message as well.

How to here... suspect they are CR2032 in all new Kessy remotes. Early Ateca took CR2025 (flat screwdriver and twist):

Clock resetting is likely to be the way it's picking up the satelitte signal if you use that to set the time. There is an option least on the pre mib3s to use either manual time setting or automatic via the GPS. At one stage Seat shipped them set to manual since they had a software bug.... suspect the bug is out but they still ship them with manual. I'd toggle that to automatic via GPS. I told how to do that recently on the Ateca standard site as well, but pass on the mib3, will be in the manual similar. There you use manual or automatic. You can save yourself time by using automatic. That way it self corrects. Reboot causes the infotainment system to restart having ceased any programs running which could be the bug / corruptions.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
P=IV is the formula W=VxA had me scratching my head 🤣

P = Power
I = Current
V = Voltage

Tell

Staff member

The units are watts so it's expressed that way like v for volts, a for amps. Somewhere along the line someone must have said let's call watts, P for power in the formula, but if you are flicking them about in algebra keeping them in the short hand unit abbreviation feels right. Gives credit to Mr Watt 😉. Probably a physics syllabus change came in post the 60s and someone wanted to drop his name.

"Because of Watt’s contributions to science and industry, the watt, the unit of power in the International System of Units (SI) equal to one joule of work performed per second (or 1/746 horsepower), was named for him."

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

The units are watts so it's expressed that way like v for volts, a for amps. Somewhere along the line someone must have said let's call watts, P for power in the formula, but if you are flicking them about in algebra keeping them in the short hand unit abbreviation feels right. Gives credit to Mr Watt 😉. Probably a physics syllabus change came in post the 60s and someone wanted to drop his name.

"Because of Watt’s contributions to science and industry, the watt, the unit of power in the International System of Units (SI) equal to one joule of work performed per second (or 1/746 horsepower), was named for him."
Im a sparky and it was always

P=IV
V=IR

Same at school in the 00's

It doesn't matter of course I was just scratching my head at W = VA had to think about it 🤣

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.