Electrical problems

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
I'm having an issue with my electrics at the moment I have a Seat Leon Mk1 1.4, the problem started with my drivers side brake light which began not working so I replaced the bulb, didnt work, replaced the bulb socket, didnt work. Theres power going to the socket because the tail light works but the brake light doesnt. Last night I closed my bootlid and my two numberplate lights both went out so checked the fuse and changed it but it didnt work, also just noticed my passenger side tail light doesnt work now and my drivers side parking light doesnt work. What is going on??

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Yeah brake light only works on passenger side and window one but not drivers side brake light.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Strange as it seems take out the passenger brake light bulb and change for drivers one. Been know for a dodgy bulb to cause all sorts of issues. In a vectra I had the dodgy bulb caused my headlights to come on with the brakes!
Ak

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Yeah strange I have it going to a mate of mine he's a mechanic see if he can sort something out, other than that I have no clue.

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Just went out and switched around the brake bulbs still no joy. My indicator bulb works on both sides so they're getting power just brake/tailight is the problem on both sides it seems

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Sorry for late reply. Got any pics of exactly where I should be looking, not the best with wires. I'm wondering are all the problems on the same line like for example at the minute my drivers brake light, passenger tailight, numberplate lights and drivers parking bulb arent working, all of them other than my drivers brake light were working up until the other day I closed my bootlid and it knocked my numberplate lights out....everything else followed.

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Yeah they're wrapped perfect no tears or anything. I just had a look at the fuses again to make sure and I see two blown fuses lol, one is the numberplate light one of which I put a 5amp fuse in and it blew it instantly (I have LED numberplate light bulbs which have worked perfect for the past 4 months or so) and the other one looks like the left tailight and parking light. Still no brake light though!!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019
hi guys

My lights are not working, appears im having the same issue or similar issue as you.
any thoughts on what it is? mine appears to be glitching at times when I start my car all is well and lights be working fine, and at times when I start it I have random messages come up on the dash to check the following lights as they are not working:

front right main beam
number plate lighting
front left side light
rear right side light

I have replace all the bulbs it has mentioned that dont appear to be working and i have checked the fuses

my car is a seat leon copa, If this is a similar issue or anyone can share there knowlege you I would really appreciate it as i am not to clued up about cars

thanks