engine gone rebuild or replace

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
ok been in the garage for the weekend and they have said its the crank positioning sensor (or sounds something like that):confused: and its gonna cost me £353 including vat :cry:
also said thet the compression loss was within the limits so the other garage was either not in the know or just tring to cover there arses coz of the wrong order of the ht leads
so hopefully i'll have it back within a couple of days:funk:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
ok been in the garage for the weekend and they have said its the crank positioning sensor (or sounds something like that):confused: and its gonna cost me £353 including vat :cry:
also said thet the compression loss was within the limits so the other garage was either not in the know or just tring to cover there arses coz of the wrong order of the ht leads
so hopefully i'll have it back within a couple of days:funk:

HOLY ****, is the sensor expensive or is it the labour?!?!

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
bit of both part is about £150+vat so £176 then 2-3 hours labour and then they have to put in new plugs and set it all up on the ecu plus the hour or so on finding the problem, clearing the codes and checking the compression
so not that bad really i mean 4 ish hours will cost about £140+ vat so £164.50 parts and labour without the plugs that need replacing will cost about £340 plugs about £15-20
lot of money to change the sensor but apparently its under the car i don't have any decent axel stands so let them do it

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
got it back today:funk:
only charged me £300 apparently its a trade discount:harhar:
still now it works and drives fine so i'm off out in it well it has been 3 weeks lol:funk:

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
just got back (time to feed caden) exhaust sounds like it might be blowing a bit i feel like this smilie:starwars: a constant battle between going fast and breaking down ahh well it'll stay like that till i get some money together, it might just be the fact i've not had a good drive for a whileand got to get used to the growl again

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
just got back (time to feed caden) exhaust sounds like it might be blowing a bit i feel like this smilie:starwars: a constant battle between going fast and breaking down ahh well it'll stay like that till i get some money together, it might just be the fact i've not had a good drive for a whileand got to get used to the growl again

Exhaust paste is your friend.

Know how you feel though, my GTi is misbehaving but like you i have an inkling as to what it might be.

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
haven't decided what i'm doing with her yet maybe something big now shes running again i'll have to wait till summer now though
whats up with your car paul

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.