Engine Noise popcorn popping or kettle boiling sound

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
had the car a year now and it literally sounded perfect until about 2 months ago its started making a strange noise from the engine bay which i hear when sat inside the car, i can only describe it really as popcorn popping in microwave lol or like a kettle when its boiled, it does it normally when engines warmed up an does it when stationary and when moving but doesnt get faster when moving. Its constant but not a consistent sound.

Any ideas????

i tried recording the sound but you cant hear it properly on recording.

ive had it serviced a few times an just had the mot foregot to mention it to them but they didnt pick up on it. its really starting to annoy me now though.

i no is hard without hearing it for yourself but any ideas from people will be spot on

Last edited:

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Yeh lol, doesnt sound the same under the bonnet though.

I know it is a hard question an people just av to take stab in the dark just on off chance thought someone might of had the same thing.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeh lol, doesnt sound the same under the bonnet though.

I know it is a hard question an people just av to take stab in the dark just on off chance thought someone might of had the same thing.

Only idea I've got based on what you've said is make sure the terminals on the battery are OK and connected properly, literately that's all I've got. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2