Engine remap for mpg

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
Has anyone had their engine re mapped for the purpose of improving fuel efficiency? If so what were the results? Did the benefits outweigh the cost?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I didn’t have mine remapped for mpg but it did another 6 ish mpg more on the way to work. Anything that makes your car faster is worth the money in my opinion. However I do love improving my cars from factory.

Reactions: Welder

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
I didn’t have mine remapped for mpg but it did another 6 ish mpg more on the way to work. Anything that makes your car faster is worth the money in my opinion. However I do love improving my cars from factory.
Lovely! I do about 300 miles a week for work and then before lock down was easily doing another 300 for leisure driving, getting a great mpg is my top priority these days!

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
What mpg do you currently get on the way to work?
During the winter it’s usually between 60 and 65, in the summer months I can get around 80 depending on the traffic. Might be slightly less this year as I’ve opted for an all season tyre will a C rating for fuel efficiency versus the normal B rating on the Goodyear efficient grip. But I’d rather have the better control in rubbish weather

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
80 mpg! Jesus Christ I used my Leon today for work and was chuffed I got it too 32mpg which Was the first time. Haha fair play mate i love it if mine did that.

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
80 mpg! Jesus Christ I used my Leon today for work and was chuffed I got it too 32mpg which Was the first time. Haha fair play mate i love it if mine did that.
Jesus I’d be looking for work closer to home if that was the case for me! What model / engine size have you got?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I only work about 20 miles away luckily plus I have a company car I use with a fuel card. However I have been using my Leon the last 2 weeks as i just want to drive it as I haven’t done many miles since I fitted the new diff and gearbox. It’s a 2008 Leon 2.0 petrol nothing flash but i love it.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
During the winter it’s usually between 60 and 65, in the summer months I can get around 80 depending on the traffic. Might be slightly less this year as I’ve opted for an all season tyre will a C rating for fuel efficiency versus the normal B rating on the Goodyear efficient grip. But I’d rather have the better control in rubbish weather
Work out the estimated fuel saving - vs the cost of the map and potential insurance premium increase and i'm sure there would be a very long payback period.
Also using MPG is a bit misleading - you tube "mpg illusion" to try to visualise any fuel savings - 5mpg from 60 - 65 is MUCH less difference than 5mpg from 20 - 25mpg, so even if you could improve by 5mpg if you're already doing 65+ there would only be a small fuel saving.
If you can improve from 60 to 65mpg over 15000 miles that's roughly £100 saving assuming £1.2/L

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.