Engine under tray

phil911

Dear all

I recently had my 2003 Leon 20vt Cupra serviced. Went to check the oil a few weeks later and noticed that it looked like the engine under tray (black plastic) was not re fitted/ or does not cover the underneath of the engine completely. When i questioned the garage they said that only the diesel versions have a full under tray that covers the underneath of the engine and that the petrol ones only have a partial tray. Is this correct ?

Thanks in advance Phil

phil911

OK did a search on the forum and it seems that the garage might be right. Sort ones for the petrol and full cover for the diesels. Not convinced though. Anyone know for sure ?

phil911

Thanks Danny. Think your right, just found parts diagram and it shows a short one and a full one. Just did not want to go steaming in to the garage accusing them of not fitting it afterchanging the oil !!!!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, mine has been off for ages. BDM baffled sump should be in the post tomoro with 6mm alloy amour plate on the bottom of it.. shouldn't need to worry about protection then!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mine has one of these under it, makes hell of a noise over speed humps

DSCN0960.jpg

Chieflongshin

My diesel has a black life raft attached to the sump. I'm not sure if that came in with the sat nav?