Enthusiastic German review of FR 1.4 TSI Ecomotive

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
A new review on the German auto.de Web site is full of praise for the Leon FR 1.4 TSI Ecomotive. "Superlatives are in car journalism not uncommon," it says (according to a Google translation). "But for the Seat Leon FR also the greatest praise is just an understatement. The car approached very close to the ideal."

The reviewer likes "the absolute consistency of detail" throughout the car. "Every button on the Infotainment system and each key sitting right where they belong." You can apparently adjust the left/right/front/back balance of the sound system by moving a finger around the screen, like a computer game.

They like the 122hp engine and driving comfort too, and got about 40mpg in combined town and motorway driving. Although the LED headlights were not as bright as xenon lamps, they appear to have provided better illumination than others that they've tested on a difficult road.

Their one criticism is that the wing mirrors are too small, making it difficult to change lanes in busy traffic. The mirrors look great but are "useless in everyday life".

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
The golf mk 7 I have at the minute has the new system, it is easy to use but is quite a distraction when trying to adjust when driving. So much so I don't bother

Are you referring the the infotainment system Steve?

Lucky you having a MK7 for a few days, how did you manage that? :D

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I personally prefer the Audi MMI as its easier to control when your driving than interacting with a touchscreen.

Also I don't think we get the 122bhp 1.4 TSI in the UK Leon, looks like its either the 105 1.2 TSI or 140 1.4 TSI with nothing in between!

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
Yes that's the system, I'll try and put some pictures up. I get to choose the fleet cars, so had a golf for a couple of days I've got my name down for then Leon too :)

Cool, after driving both for a few days you will be in a good position to compare them.

I've just noticed that the new Golf GTD has been announced (on Sale June time) and I have to say I do like it, but will it be worth the extra over the Leon FR TDi 184?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise