EPC light, engine management light and stop/start failure warnings with 2019 1.0 tsi 115ps Ibiza Xcelence Lux

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My 2019 Ibiza broke down yesterday first displaying the engine management light when I pulled out of a junction, at about 3000rpm the car started to judder closely followed by the EPC light and a warning saying there was a stop/start failure. I tried turning off the engine and restarting but had no power. When I started my journey there was a faint gas/petrol smell that I thought was nothing to do with the car then 5 minutes later I stopped at a junction and the stop/start kicked in as normal then when I pulled away the issue started. I had the car transported to my local Seat garage that was closed so will call them on Monday to give them details. My car is 2 years and 5 days old with 19000 miles and was booked in for the second service this Tuesday.

Has anyone else had any of these issues and know what the problem is?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Not at all. Your car is exactly the same as mine although I've done a lot more miles (nearly 30k now). My car's been flawless. They'll need to read the codes and go from there.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Not at all. Your car is exactly the same as mine although I've done a lot more miles (nearly 30k now). My car's been flawless. They'll need to read the codes and go from there.
My car has also been flawless until yesterday. I really like this car and plan to keep it when the PCP ends. I have ordered a new car to replace the old VW Touran so will be using both cars when it arrives in May.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
My 2019 Ibiza broke down yesterday first displaying the engine management light when I pulled out of a junction, at about 3000rpm the car started to judder closely followed by the EPC light and a warning saying there was a stop/start failure. I tried turning off the engine and restarting but had no power. When I started my journey there was a faint gas/petrol smell that I thought was nothing to do with the car then 5 minutes later I stopped at a junction and the stop/start kicked in as normal then when I pulled away the issue started. I had the car transported to my local Seat garage that was closed so will call them on Monday to give them details. My car is 2 years and 5 days old with 19000 miles and was booked in for the second service this Tuesday.

Has anyone else had any of these issues and know what the problem is?
My 2021 Excellence lux Dsg 1400 miles Keeps on showing red warning that the Emergency call systems is not working and a workshop visit is needed. On start up it shows green so it is working but after a bit it shows red with the dash warning a failure.. Also have problems with the ACC system it braked very very
sharply when traffic ahead slowed down as you expect but never up to then as violently. After that one occasion for no reason not activated the ACC system
the message came up that the system had disconnected the ACC although it was not an had not been used. The message stayed on till end of journey. On another journey traffic ahead was slowing to a stop so I disconnected the ACC the message confirmed disconnect but car kept on going until I had to really apply brakes much harder than I would have liked.
It would appear electrical gremlins are at work . My problem is being over 80 a registered disabled oat with a degenerative disease and a total need for a
safe reliable motor which at present I don't appear to have.. Wonder if I have grounds to reject the car on not being safe. ?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I picked my car up this afternoon after being told that it has been fitted with 3x new spark plugs. The issues and errors I had got were because of a faulty spark plug that ment the engine was only firing on 2 cylinders causing the emissions to go up. It’s a relief that it was nothing serious but still a little bit worrying that a spark plug failed so early.

Jamesb9811

Nov 12, 2018
This exact thing happened to my Ibiza FR 115 and it turns out the throttle body needed replacing, this happened at the start of lockdown last year so I had to phone SEAT assistance who sent someone out within the hour and the car was fixed in 45 minutes and has been perfect ever since.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Second visit to dealer the E-call system has failed again. They claim fault showing on bluetooth microphone although what this could do with
the E-call module beats me.
As this is a safety feature unless they fix it will have to reject the car and thats going to be fun.
Jake Bexhill on sea.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Second visit to dealer the E-call system has failed again. They claim fault showing on bluetooth microphone although what this could do with
the E-call module beats me.
As this is a safety feature unless they fix it will have to reject the car and thats going to be fun.
Jake Bexhill on sea.
Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon? If you aren’t getting much joy from your dealer I would speak to Seat customer service to see what they can do and let them know that you are an active member of this forum and will be posting their response. With 20,000+ members they won’t want bad press.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I had similar issue last year, not as severe as you but the same warnings. Was the Turbo Actuator. Was fixed under warranty and was fine after that.