Exhaust manifold

mkrowlatt71

Mar 27, 2018
So, just had the manifold welded. Has anyone ever had it repaired before, for a crack and will it hold?
ffeb6c59050baf0ebddc240ccc009011.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As long as the material either side of the weld was sound, then the welded bit will probably be the strongest part.

mkrowlatt71

Mar 27, 2018
As long as the material either side of the weld was sound, then the welded bit will probably be the strongest part.
Cool was quite solid apart from that crack. Has it professionally welded, so should hold. Cheers.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Cool was quite solid apart from that crack. Has it professionally welded, so should hold. Cheers.

Was is noticeable? I'm not sure if Mines got one. How would I tell? See it smells a little down by where it is would that also make the turbo flutter because of the air? And was there any boost loss because of this?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

mkrowlatt71

Mar 27, 2018
Was is noticeable? I'm not sure if Mines got one. How would I tell? See it smells a little down by where it is would that also make the turbo flutter because of the air? And was there any boost loss because of this?

On a cold engine, could hear the leak quite badly. When the engine was hot, I could only hear it when accelerating. Slight loss of power I think. Didn't hear no flutter tho. Luckily have a mate with a special camera that found it. There's really not a lot of room at the back where the Mani is.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Yeah.. I've got mine booked in for a smoke test.. Hopfully will find it this way.. But mine sounds tinny when it's cold but theres no obvious smoke so it's not like I can see where it's coming from. Once warm it's not noticeable apart from the smell if you stick your head down by the charge pipe/mani

mkrowlatt71

Mar 27, 2018
Yeah.. I've got mine booked in for a smoke test.. Hopfully will find it this way.. But mine sounds tinny when it's cold but theres no obvious smoke so it's not like I can see where it's coming from. Once warm it's not noticeable apart from the smell if you stick your head down by the charge pipe/mani

Ya same here. Tinny own noise. Was hoping mine was a gasket. No smoke either. Good luck with yours

Reactions: itsmrjt
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.