Facelift proximity sensor.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Quick question. Does the facelift Leon have a proximity sensor on the touchscreen?

Older car did obviously. The facelift we just bought doesn't seem to but I have new Ibiza courtesy car which does. Seems odd they would drop it on the Leon but keep it on the Ibiza?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
It's not the same as the 6.5" screen, what happens is that if you touch the screen it shows different options that you can select such as Menu at the middle top and Settings at the middle bottom.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No it doesn't as the sensor location has now been taken up by the larger screen. However as @Walone has said you tap the screen to make the options appear again.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Annoyingly the menu option is still there to select proximity sensor on or off, spent ages thinking my facelift had it then realised it just doesn’t have one.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
No it doesn't as the sensor location has now been taken up by the larger screen.

The new Ibiza has a larger screen but still has a proximity sensor. It also has direct access buttons for the phone, satnav etc unlike the facelift Leon.

Basically, apart from the screen being slightly bigger, the facelift Leon is just.....worse.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Wait until you see the 2020 Leon then, you will totally lose your s**t - no buttons or knobs at all, not even a fan control.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Wait until you see the 2020 Leon then, you will totally lose your s**t - no buttons or knobs at all, not even a fan control.

I've seen it. I told the dealer I'll never be buying one and he said 'Not one person has said a good thing about it'.

Reactions: Walone

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The new Ibiza has a larger screen but still has a proximity sensor. It also has direct access buttons for the phone, satnav etc unlike the facelift Leon.

Basically, apart from the screen being slightly bigger, the facelift Leon is just.....worse.
So does the Ateca, but that’s because their dashes were designed to accommodate a larger screen from the start.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Just watched the Car Wow review of the new Leon.

Talking of reviews, when was the last time you saw a car get slated in one? Doesn't happen because, nobody wants to hear it. Manufacturers don't like it, guy wanting to buy the car doesn't like it. He's more or less decided to buy the thing and just wants his cleverness confirmed. Pretty much every new car released by a major manufacturer gets good revues and an award or two. 'Best Small Car Released This Week'.

It's all just money. Advertising money and payments for reprinting revues and awards. If the Car Wow revue was not very positive, car must really suck!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Talking of reviews, when was the last time you saw a car get slated in one? Doesn't happen because, nobody wants to hear it. Manufacturers don't like it, guy wanting to buy the car doesn't like it. He's more or less decided to buy the thing and just wants his cleverness confirmed. Pretty much every new car released by a major manufacturer gets good revues and an award or two. 'Best Small Car Released This Week'.

It's all just money. Advertising money and payments for reprinting revues and awards. If the Car Wow revue was not very positive, car must really suck!
Positive as ever @Mr Pig :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members