False boot floor

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I know that in other markets, you can get a false floor for the boot of the Ibiza. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit this relatively cheaply? I'm presuming it's just a matter of the two guides on the side and the floor piece itself.

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
It's possible to get one from a dealer, one needs the floor board and two matching side panels that hold it in place. They quoted me a price of roughly 1000 euros for all three items. :no:

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I asked my dealer when I collected my car today and was told the false floor can be installed for £600, she said most of the price is labour cost as it takes quite a while to fit. She said the boot lining has to be replaced and the brackets fitted.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
From What Car:

Seat Ibiza hatchback boot space
Seat claims the new Ibiza has a bigger boot than a Ford Focus, and while that seems a bit optimistic to us, there’s more room for luggage than you'll find in nearly every small car rival – including the Fiesta and even the Polo. The Jazz does have a slightly larger boot, but only by a fraction. A couple of big suitcases or a small buggy will fit quite easily and we managed to squeeze in five carry-on suitcases without removing the parcel shelf or folding down the rear seats.

A false boot floor is a reasonably priced option on all trim levels. It’s well worth coughing up for because it significantly reduces the lip at the boot entrance and means there’s no step in the floor of the extended load bay when you've folded down the rear seats. The false floor comes as part of a package that also brings some boot nets and storage drawers under the front seats.

Autocar listed the option pack price as £160.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
@camelspyyder The part might be £84, but if it involves lots of labour, I can see how it would end up being £600! Also, that looks like it's just the floor panel itself, not the side parts too.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I asked my dealer when I collected my car today and was told the false floor can be installed for £600, she said most of the price is labour cost as it takes quite a while to fit. She said the boot lining has to be replaced and the brackets fitted.
£600 is abit steep! I’d expect somewhere between £100-£250 if there’s abit of work required to make it fit...

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If it is the same design as was fitted to the previous Polo SEL, you would also need to replace the top side shelves/trims as the ones for cars with variable height boot floor have a clip on each side so that you can lift the upper floor up and retain it in that position, which is handy when removing "stuff" from below this upper floor.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.