Fancy a Leon that does 176mpg and emits 36g/km?

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
I think that the figures have something to do with the way that the official consumption figures combine urban and extra-urban consumption. For example, the ads for the new hybrid version of the four-door Porsche Panamera claim an mpg of 91.1 and emissions of 71g/km (along with a combined output of 416hp and a 0-62 figure of 5.5 seconds).

But if you look at the small print, the extra-urban mpg is just 38.2 mpg and the car will only travel 21 miles on battery alone (but has an official urban mpg of 0). So if you only use your Porsche for short journeys in town, you might achieve the claimed mpg, but I don't imagine many people would buy a Porsche for that.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
LOL, I find it funny that the actual figure is closer to 57.6MPG - I can get better that that in my brand new 2.0 Diesel FR on an 18 mile run on A and B road to and from work.......

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
I think that the figures have something to do with the way that the official consumption figures combine urban and extra-urban consumption. For example, the ads for the new hybrid version of the four-door Porsche Panamera claim an mpg of 91.1 and emissions of 71g/km (along with a combined output of 416hp and a 0-62 figure of 5.5 seconds).

But if you look at the small print, the extra-urban mpg is just 38.2 mpg and the car will only travel 21 miles on battery alone (but has an official urban mpg of 0). So if you only use your Porsche for short journeys in town, you might achieve the claimed mpg, but I don't imagine many people would buy a Porsche for that.

Correct tinkering with the stats!

What they should have to say is the MPG worked out over a full tank or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.