Final update on my FR sport 190 TSI ST rattling sunroof!!

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020
I emailed dealer to reject car or seek an exchange of a same car same spec. I picked out a car in their showroom same spec but without that horrible sunroof and they said ok! So my car is going back to dealer and picking up same age (19 plate) hatch FR Sport 190 DSG without noisy roof! I even joined a Audi forum, and even audi drivers don't like the VAG sunroofs - dubbed as rattle boxes!

Reactions: Jay5959 and Damo H

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Excellent result! Good that the dealer has done the decent thing.
Be interesting to see if your old car appears back on their forecourt with a price ticket in the windscreen.

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020
ha yea. They paid off my PCP with my current car and the deposit and monthly payments for past 6 months put as deposit for new car, which worked out £20 per month less. I said to the dealer that I feel there is an general issue with panaromic sunroofs and the headliner as lost count how many different parts keep rattling. It was when they crashed it which was enough for me.

Reactions: Damo H

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
A result at last but it should have sorted before now, if you hadn’t returned it this may have turned into a Norse Saga.

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020
Saw my car listed within days on their forecourt for more than I paid for it, and I added about 5,000 miles to it! hahaha.
This little hatch is much better. My wife keeps complaining how slow it feels. Agreed - it don't feel quick when in sport mode but speedo says quite another story! lol. - We had the 184 diesel few yrs ago which felt very quick but was a noisy engine and we didn't like it for that reason alone. I am very tempted to have mine remapped as I understand this engine has been detuned from a 230 ish bhp engine from the Golf GTI and Audi A3, so surely be safe enough to simply restore the engine bhp to where it should be in first place! - Will have to wait 17 more months once it's out the 3yr warranty though. I do wonder if it will actually feel much quicker though. £400 for the remap be lot cheaper than upgrading. to a Golf GTI

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise