Finally got my Cupra 290

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
After months of waiting I’ve finally got my Cupra 290!
absolutely over the moon with the car, it’s unbelievably fast and great fun to drive!

Attachments

• C9EB3E8A-339E-430D-9BAA-4ACDC9D9D052.jpeg
    C9EB3E8A-339E-430D-9BAA-4ACDC9D9D052.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 398987A3-FC3A-4D4D-9180-57D369632E7C.jpeg
    398987A3-FC3A-4D4D-9180-57D369632E7C.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Great car and colour (not that i'm bias haha)

I'd maybe advise you to blank out your number plates for pictures just to prep for worst case that someone may clone your plates as this is a public forum :)

You got yourself any goodies yet?

Cheers

Reactions: George Vinten

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Damn you took pics at 7:00 AM what time did you actually get the car and was it delivered?
Also how does it sound (Could you make a quick short Youtube Video of sound) mines coming on Friday im really excited!

Reactions: George Vinten

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Damn you took pics at 7:00 AM what time did you actually get the car and was it delivered?
Also how does it sound (Could you make a quick short Youtube Video of sound) mines coming on Friday im really excited!
Haha no sleep for you either then, the sound depends on a few things I think. On mine (GPF as well) it's the same volume as my MK2 Cupra R (Stock) on startup (See the review of the loan car we had for a while) but once moving it definitely isn't as loud (with the Soundaktor off), I don't normally use the flappy paddles or manual gear changes so couldn't tell you about pop and bangs dropping down gears but the exhaust has got louder by small amounts as it got more bedded in.

I wouldn't expect big pops and bangs on gear changes etc (might be different for the hatch), for me it sounds great but i'm not a fan of loudness these days haha

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Great car and colour (not that i'm bias haha)

I'd maybe advise you to blank out your number plates for pictures just to prep for worst case that someone may clone your plates as this is a public forum :)

You got yourself any goodies yet?

Cheers

thanks for the heads up!
ive not got anything just yet! Hopefully looking to get a few bits in the near future!

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
I got it on Friday at about 10:30am and uploaded the pics this morning, it sounds great, you won’t hear the sound properly unless your moving and in Cupra mode, just sitting there it’s purrs really nicely though!
if you put it in manual and drop through the gears you get some nice pops and bangs and it sounds nice and throaty! I’m yet to hear some DSG farts as I’ve not been on a road where I can really go for it!
but you’ll love the car, this is my first performance car and it’s a dream to drive at any speed!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.