Finance company wont accept final rejection

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys and girls, my 1st post so go easy on me. Bought a Leon FR mk 2 (57 plate) last October from a dealer. Went to take it for a test drive, but the battery was flat. Got jumped off, took it for a spin, loved it. Had to have it.
Sorted finance out, then off I went. A day later, the exhaust was blowing. Took it back, told to go to an independent garage to get it fixed. Sorted.
A week after that, the front brakes were binding and the EML came on. Took it back. Was told to take it to the garage next door at a later date to get fixed. Sorted, but they didnt say why the EML came on even though I asked.
December came, and one day it wouldnt start, flat battery. Rang the dealer, asked them to come out and sort it, which they did. Now, guess what happened just before New Year? Yep, battery was flat. rang the dealer, and was basically fobbed off, they were saying I had to drive the car to make sure it started the next time.....
It was only after the NY that I was able to contact the finance company, was told to stop using it. They sent out an engineer to have a look, there is a drain on the battery, the engine cooling fan comes on all the time, and there was numerous fault codes. He sent the report to the finance company.
I had to take the car to an auto electricians, but due to Reserve committments this couldnt happen until Feb 15th. I showed them the letter from the finance company detailing what work was to be carried out. A week later, they called to say it was fixed. Joy!
March 2nd, came out of work, went to go home. Guess what? FLAT BATTERY!!!!!
Couldn't ring the finance company till Monday. Told not to use the car. I said I didnt want it anymore, what with all the trouble Ive had with it. (The finance company did say ring the dealer, who told me to ring the auto electrician, who said contact SEAT).
Ive had enough now, Im paying for a car I cant use, and with all the toing and froing, its making me ill. Ive said to the finance company under the Consumer Rights, i can do a final rejection as the first repair wasn't really a repair. Now the auto electrician is saying that I told them to just put a new battery in and I'd be happy with that!
Sorry for this being a long winded 1st post, but I'm at the end of my tether with this.
The finance company are saying they need more time to investigate the issue, however I'm paying for a car I can't use, and haven't used for nearly 3 months.
Has anyone had any similar issues, and how was it resolved?

Many thanks
(MODS PLAESE MOVE IF IN WRONG FORUM)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. Unfortunately I don't know anything about finance. All I can say is what I'd do if it were me. Firstly there are places that will scan your car for codes and give you the print out. Some as little as £30. This will give you an idea of how many codes and how serious they are. Feel free to post them up if you get it and we can take a look.

Secondly on the mk2s of that age, they tended to have always on power instead of ignition live. For example. I have a 56 plate. If I leave something plugged in the lighter socket. Leave the dashcam connected. Fit anything other than the original stereo. It will drain the battery even with the keys out. So check there's nothing that looks innocent that may be drawing power.

Finally. A decent auto electrician should have found the circuit with the drain in an hour or two. In fact look on YouTube. Buy a £10 multimeter and it's something you can check yourself. But find a decent electrician if not.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hi guys and girls, my 1st post so go easy on me. Bought a Leon FR mk 2 (57 plate) last October from a dealer. Went to take it for a test drive, but the battery was flat. Got jumped off, took it for a spin, loved it. Had to have it.
Sorted finance out, then off I went. A day later, the exhaust was blowing. Took it back, told to go to an independent garage to get it fixed. Sorted.
A week after that, the front brakes were binding and the EML came on. Took it back. Was told to take it to the garage next door at a later date to get fixed. Sorted, but they didnt say why the EML came on even though I asked.
December came, and one day it wouldnt start, flat battery. Rang the dealer, asked them to come out and sort it, which they did. Now, guess what happened just before New Year? Yep, battery was flat. rang the dealer, and was basically fobbed off, they were saying I had to drive the car to make sure it started the next time.....
It was only after the NY that I was able to contact the finance company, was told to stop using it. They sent out an engineer to have a look, there is a drain on the battery, the engine cooling fan comes on all the time, and there was numerous fault codes. He sent the report to the finance company.
I had to take the car to an auto electricians, but due to Reserve committments this couldnt happen until Feb 15th. I showed them the letter from the finance company detailing what work was to be carried out. A week later, they called to say it was fixed. Joy!
March 2nd, came out of work, went to go home. Guess what? FLAT BATTERY!!!!!
Couldn't ring the finance company till Monday. Told not to use the car. I said I didnt want it anymore, what with all the trouble Ive had with it. (The finance company did say ring the dealer, who told me to ring the auto electrician, who said contact SEAT).
Ive had enough now, Im paying for a car I cant use, and with all the toing and froing, its making me ill. Ive said to the finance company under the Consumer Rights, i can do a final rejection as the first repair wasn't really a repair. Now the auto electrician is saying that I told them to just put a new battery in and I'd be happy with that!
Sorry for this being a long winded 1st post, but I'm at the end of my tether with this.
The finance company are saying they need more time to investigate the issue, however I'm paying for a car I can't use, and haven't used for nearly 3 months.
Has anyone had any similar issues, and how was it resolved?

Many thanks
(MODS PLAESE MOVE IF IN WRONG FORUM)
Just out of interest, does the car have the original CD player? As mentioned changing the CD player can cause battery drain issues.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.