Fitted rubber mats for Leon Mk3

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Hi all,

I am trying to source some fitted rubber mats for my Mk3 Leon - SEAT apparently no longer do them, only carpet mats.

Skoda and Audi still offer rubber mats for the Oktavia and A3 and It has been suggested that these would fit the Leon, being the same floorpan.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or alternatively recommend an aftermarket supplier?

Many thanks.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Thanks for that - have spotted them on Ebay. I note they offer 2 grades, heavy duty and super heavy duty - which did you get, and do they fix onto the existing fasteners in the carpet?

guari

Nov 17, 2014
I got the super heavy duty ones. The difference is the thickness. If I could reorder I wouldn't get them as thick.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I got the ones in the link, didn't realise there are two grades. They attach to the fasteners on the carpet and are properly tailored so fit the floor properly.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Well they fit my RHD leon with no issues. The pic is computer generated.

Last edited:

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
I think its cos it looks like the extra bit at the top would go under the throttle, but I think that goes next to the clutch rest.

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
I'm interested in these too - they should be fine in the ST right? Same footwells throughout the entire Leon range I'm assuming.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,

I am trying to source some fitted rubber mats for my Mk3 Leon - SEAT apparently no longer do them, only carpet mats.

Skoda and Audi still offer rubber mats for the Oktavia and A3 and It has been suggested that these would fit the Leon, being the same floorpan.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or alternatively recommend an aftermarket supplier?

Many thanks.

I ordered mine from Germany. They were a bit more expensive but they are really thick and made from good rubber. Made by Seat...so I don't know why they are not available any more:blink:.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ORIGINAL-SEA...80?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item486de8bdbc

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
So mine just arrived... they are probably a bit shinier than i thought they would be, but they are very well made. Cant say how well they fit yet as I dont get my car for a week but first impressions are they seem pretty decent. I'll try and post some pics later. End of they day they are gonna get covered in crap, so I'll live with them for the winter months and swop back to fabric in the summer.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Once they are in the car and used a couple of times you'll not notice the shineyness of them.

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Do they lose the smell too... atm they are in my spare room and they stink of rubber... the smell hits you as soon as you walk in. Dont wanna stink me car out too lol.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Haha, I left mine in the shed for about a month to air out before I actually needed them in the car. I still get the odd wiff off them but nearly all gone now!

I'll be going back to the carpet mats as soon as the weather is nicer.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Hi all,

Many thanks.

Many thanks to all who responded to this thread - from the level of interest you do wonder why SEAT no longer offer these. I have now sourced a set from EBAY (this site won't let a newbie post the full url but the supplier is hightechpl) which are a perfect fit on the factory studs and seem of decent quality. Interestingly they are stamped Golf 7/Oktavia/A3 /Leon so mats for the various MQB platform cars are interchangeable.

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
Are the Hatchback and SC mats the same size? Its just that I have ordered a set off ebay, the same as Stagsfell The listing doesn't indicate that they are compatible with the SC it just says Hatchback. I asked seller if there was a difference in the footwells but they are not sure.

UPDATE

Dealer got back to me they are the same for both 2 & 4 door versions

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise