Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
I have been looking on the forums but nothing coming up with the info that i need. Im looking for a walkthrough in fitting my pioneer f910bt (its almost the same as the f9110bt). What im really after is how to fit the microphone for the bt phone part and how to mount the gps sensor. Many thanks in advance!

Nik

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Looks like i have all the bits to fit this finally. David at sere motors has sent me the correct double din fascia I have the fakra to amplified din ariel and also the canbus to pioneer cable. Will give this a crack soon and show you all some pics. I have also ordered a 'dummy' double din panel to cover mt radio with hope it all fits well :D

Nik

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
good luck with this nik be good to see some pix , where are you going to stick the mike ?

i was thinking about at the top of the A pillar or up near the center roof light

mm

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Yeah I will take some pix but not sure how to route the mic i may just cop out and put it above the aircon. Never did find out any more info on how to route the cables on here!!

Nik

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Not having pulled it all apart yet but having just removed a mic for a Bluetooth from my old golf I recon it's going to be down across the bottom of the dash above the pedals then end trim off the end of dash & then the A pillar which is the bit that worries me as it has "airbag" written on it the front edge of the lining just pulls down any way . of course I will start at the mike end and route the cable back let's see

Mm

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
well if you decide to do this before me let me know what you find along your way. Shame you arent local to me otherwise we could have tried to do it together.

Nik

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
MAc make sure you speak to David at Sere motors for the fascia he got me mine direct from Spain (official seat part) within a week! Looks like in gonna try either tomorrow or Thursday for mine !

Nik

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
best of luck Nik

yes will def cal him as i seem to have a colour coded dash that matches the paintwork ( pale blue) rather than black or that gold that most of the autoleads seem to come in

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
had a chance yet Nik good weather out at mo

Postie has been busy , removal keys , aerial booster came today , spoke to david @ sere yesterday & got a double din in the post , just need a head unit now !
Mm

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Ah yes I did manage to fit it will take pics in due course been too busy enjoying the holidays. Although I managed to scratch the screen a little bit (stupid mistake!!) All is not lost though it dont look too bad and I have hacked my unit.

had a chance yet Nik good weather out at mo

Postie has been busy , removal keys , aerial booster came today , spoke to david @ sere yesterday & got a double din in the post , just need a head unit now !
Mm

had to get a base antenna replaced on mine as the radio reception was crap even with an Aerial booster. apparently failure of the antenna base is common.

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
had to get a base antenna replaced on mine as the radio reception was crap even with an Aerial booster. apparently failure of the antenna base is common.

thanks for the info Toxic , did you do that your self ? cause head linings are always fun to get back " just so" . i was thinking of sticking an r32 *****s fin one on , but i dont fancy a complete nightmare doing it

Yep there are plenty of how-to and DIY guides on the net. Did take the whole roof lining down, just enough to get my hands in disconnect the antenna lead and get a spanner in to undo the base.

I actually done this once before on a mk1 Leon as well.

mac music/ have added a couple of pics of the inside of my old Antenna Base.

IMG_0135Small.jpg

IMG_0136Small.jpg

As you see both Pictures show corrosion to Antenna Base PCB and Antenna Base Terminal.

replacing this with the correct antenna base gave me instant reception again.

BTW part number of base: 5P0 035 501 (13 quid from TPS)

I'll post some pics of the DNX520VBT in the Altea Tomorrow.