Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

DannyN

Apr 22, 2010
You have to keep turning bluetooth on and off then, I just wondered if they did a hardwired bit

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
You have to keep turning bluetooth on and off then, I just wondered if they did a hardwired bit

i have one of these

it plugs in the back of the head unit and you hide the box under the dash & run the mike wire up the A pillar

once you have added the phone it works as soon as you turn the head unit on , i fact the other week i was mid call as i started the car and it swtched over and went hands free almost instantly

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Did you go for that one in the end? My Mrs car now hs dodgy reception and I'm guessing its the antenna base that needs replacing. This looks nicer than stock but don't want to create a fitting project for myself?
no i didnt because that one is not amplified , but was at my mates car audio place yesterday , with the mrs car and he had amplified ones , this is what he had http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_5799.php back there the end of the week so will asking him about it more info then

mm

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
right sunny day nice day to fiddle a bit

go the fin as described above that is a trade price btw so it cost me a tenner more !

so pulled the head lining down

and a 19 mm socket did the job

the aerial connecter is clipped at the back of the car

unclipped that and the old one was out

new one the nut is 22m :think: but the 19 mm had the same inner thread so i was able to use that and do it up finger tight as the wires come out the middle of it & then use a adjustable spanner to tighten it up

and yes the car need a wash !

reception is much better that the previous one and looks much better ?

head lining is held in with 2 clips that use the usual seat method of fixing ( thump it ) i did end up with a small crease in the head lining hey ho whos looking !

MM

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
What is the second wire on the new fin, that doesn't exist on the old antenna?

Ah..12V for the amplification...in which case that one off ebay will go on just fine..with the fakra connector but its not amplified and neither is the stock one by the look of it.

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Ah..12V for the amplification...in which case that one off ebay will go on just fine..with the fakra connector but its not amplified and neither is the stock one by the look of it.

yes and no

yes it is a 12v supply but you only use it if you dont have a 12v feed up the aerial lead , from the head unit

so i didnt need it

mm

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
correction its an earth ! there is an extra bit that goes in the head unit end to send 12 v up it and that is the earth for that

So...the last piece in the puzzle..is the stock one (factory fit) active then and amplified or is it passive?

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
stock head unit must have the feed built in i guess ?
Possibly or there is an inline amp back there...but you've removed your head unit haven't you - so guess there isn't an inline one. Tempted to get a new head unit now...as well... :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members