Fitting a seperate switch for a comedy horn :P

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
For a laugh i wana wire this up:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KLAXON-HORN-O...ryZ43117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now i am aware its illegal, so i plan to run a seperate switch for it, i would prefer the switch looked oem (ie where the blanking plate is next to the rear demister)

Or if i cant do that then hide it somewhere in the car, i would assume i would wire it like this:

Klaxon -- Switch -- Battery -- Klaxon

Anyone got any ideas what is normally in that blank?

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
stuart_hatch said:
Anyone got any ideas what is normally in that blank?

From the manual, I think it is when heated seats are fitted. The demist button moves over to the left and replaces the cup holder.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
dont forget fuse :)

why not just add a relay close to the horn/battery and run a signal wire from inside

that way there's not loads of big wires everywhereand the horn gets a decent feed

AHHH OOOOOGA

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Fl@pper said:
dont forget fuse :)

why not just add a relay close to the horn/battery and run a signal wire from inside

that way there's not loads of big wires everywhereand the horn gets a decent feed

AHHH OOOOOGA

Top plan, but my knowledge of electronics is rather limited!

So would it be

--------- ----------- -----------
Klaxon| | Battery| | Relay| | Car |
--------- ----------- -----------

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Whilst I respect the technical input here...please...please...PLEASE, don't let your rather nice looking Toledo become a Chav-mobile.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
andycupra said:
why is it illegal?
No, is that what I said? I was just hoping that what in my opinion is an understated decent motor, does not become something else. He can do what he wants - it's not illegal, but personally I would find a claxon horn a bit chavish. But my comments will not stop him doing it and nor should they - it's a free world.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
GrayT said:
Whilst I respect the technical input here...please...please...PLEASE, don't let your rather nice looking Toledo become a Chav-mobile.

Its not gona happen, its just for pure comedy value, i hate lexus lights, neons, and loud exhausts, its not gona happen!!

djrichard

DJRICHARD
Mar 11, 2004
glasgow
I think its gonna be really funny! If he never cruised about in Glasgow I would have considered getting one for a laugh myself!

My car is in getting fixed right now and the dealership has given me a brand new (87 miles on the clock) Chrysler PT Cruiser CRD until my car is fixed. Its totally black with lots of cool chrome bits on it. Loads of attention cruising about in the town last night and I would have found nothing funnier that going AHHHHHH OOOOGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA all night long! Quite fast too actually with its 2.2 diesel engine.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Tbh i hardly go into the town centre, if i am, im parked up and going somewhere.

Fl@pper: you managed to do i diagram?, thanks in advance

andycupra

status subject to change
GrayT said:
No, is that what I said? I was just hoping that what in my opinion is an understated decent motor, does not become something else. He can do what he wants - it's not illegal, but personally I would find a claxon horn a bit chavish. But my comments will not stop him doing it and nor should they - it's a free world.

no, you didnt say it was illegal.
however, the first post of the thread does. so perhaps i was refering to that...

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
andycupra said:
no, you didnt say it was illegal.
however, the first post of the thread does. so perhaps i was refering to that...
Sorry, hands up, I was too quick off the mark - I assumed you were refering to my post as yours followed mine. Please accept my apologies. :hide:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.