Fitting a TRC Splitter

Ukansodoff

Oct 18, 2022
Lancs
Bought a TRC front Splitter for my 290, hoping to attempt to fit it tomorrow (at work in my breaks). Watching videos it seems depending on the make of car there are differing levels of difficulty reaching around to tighten the nuts.
Does anybody know if I'm guna have to be taking bits off the car to attatch this thing properly? I've got 3m double sided tape and a bag of self tappers but with this thing being on the front of the car I'd much rather use something a bit more secure and stable than self tappers.

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
I’ve got a TRC splitter on my Ibiza FR I drilled a few extra holes in the splitter itself (none in bumper ) think I used a 5mm bit and put 3 extra holes per side, used some 20mm self tapping screws for plastic and used some washers , been about 3 weeks now and driven hundreds of miles with it on and maybe did 130mph with no problems at all no 3M tape needed I wouldn’t bother with the nut and bolt just the self tappers are more than enough and saves loads of time 👍👍

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
Lol "maybe did 130".

Did you use the existing holes and just an even spread of new ones?
I don’t think I did use the existing ones as they are like 8mm holes or something like that and I had 4 mm self tappers with only a 9mm head so used some washers to even load out to reduce risk of any cracks or splitting of the fibreglass I’ll check tonight and update if I did use existing holes here is screws I used on Amazon ORANXIN M4 x 20mm 100 Pcs Carbon Steel Round Head Self Tapping Wood Screw Cross Mushroom Head Drilling Screw https://amzn.eu/d/dGTcLxD

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
5 screws each side? And 2 in the centre support? I'm guna give it a go.
Yes mate 5 screws I put them in this configuration the white dots are the screws I put in the yellow dots are the existing holes 👍
5 screws each side? And 2 in the centre support? I'm guna give it a go.
let me know how you get on and how it looks and If you found it easy or not 👍

Attachments

• CFEF0A22-FF30-42BA-AE50-C01EE219F4FC.jpeg
    CFEF0A22-FF30-42BA-AE50-C01EE219F4FC.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff

Oct 18, 2022
Lancs
Yes mate 5 screws I put them in this configuration the white dots are the screws I put in the yellow dots are the existing holes 👍

let me know how you get on and how it looks and If you found it easy or not 👍
Thank you so much, you sir are a true gentleman and a fine artist. And I'm an absolute newbie with this kind of thing so this is a really big help for me.

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
Happy to help mate , here is what mine looks like a little bit dark but can see it a little

Attachments

• 29D497F3-307D-4070-9750-40DF5A1F1182.jpeg
    29D497F3-307D-4070-9750-40DF5A1F1182.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 62
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.