fitting eibach springs

davidwmcc

Feb 21, 2011
n.ireland
hi, just purchased some eibach lowering springs :D cant wait to see the result. however when i went to fit them i started to dismantle the front strut but cuouldnt get the hub spread to allow strut to come out!! does anyone know an easy way to fiitng these springs or got any hints how to set the front struts out??

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
hi, just purchased some eibach lowering springs :D cant wait to see the result. however when i went to fit them i started to dismantle the front strut but cuouldnt get the hub spread to allow strut to come out!! does anyone know an easy way to fiitng these springs or got any hints how to set the front struts out??

Use something to split the back of the hub a wee bit, then just hit the hub down until it's almost out. Then a big bar to lever it down the last bit.

Not the easiest on the ground tho.

davidwmcc

Feb 21, 2011
n.ireland
did you use the spring compressors (clamps) while strut was still in car so the strut is easier to get
out of the hub?

Last edited:
I modified an allen key as the spreader, leave 2 flats on it and then file/grind a radius on it. I pulled the hub away from the drive shaft to give me more clearence, you can stuggle with the spring clamps on but the last thing you want is one of those to fly off while trying to get the strut out of the hub.

If i had to do it again I would pay someone to do it :)

davidwmcc

Feb 21, 2011
n.ireland
hi, i took the job on last night and thought id give it ago. with alot of work and sweat i eventually got the 4 springs changed. 2.5hrs in total. just need alot of patience when trying to remove thoose rusted nuts etc. wd40 was needed alot and copper greese for putting all back togehter. just need to get alignment sorted. very happy with the outcome, it was worth it !!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.