Fitting Guide for Armrest

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
Hi everyone,

I have done a few searches and got some pics but does anyone have anymore info or even a fitting guide for the centre armrest of a Leon? I have all the parts... just no guide.

Cheers,

Jay

Thomohawk

May 2, 2006
Hey m8.

Not sure what armrest you have - but I fitted the Mk4 Golf one to my LCR and the proceedure was as follows: (sorry no longer have the instructions...)

• Remove 6 No. Screws that hold the centre console in place (2 in the footwell areas, 2 beside the front seats, and 2 under the rear ashtray,
  • Unclip the gearstick gator (pull towards you and up),
  • Disconect the fuel filler cap and ESP switches,
  • Remove centre console,
  • Cut the small rectangular tray out (infront of rear ashtray), and size to fit armrest,
  • Bolt tripod bracket to car,
  • Replace centre console... making sure not to get the ESP Switch and Filler cap switches mixed up (D'Oh!!),
  • Replace all the centre console screws, and bolt armrest to the newly fitted bracket,
  • Go for a drive and ask yourself how you ever did without the armrest before! ;)

Obviously the above isn't as useful as diagrams and pics etc... but it really is that simple - the most difficult part is making the decision to cut into the centre console....

Have to add all the usual disclaimers.... not responible for any damage etc etc... :p

Hope you get it sorted!

Thomo.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members