Fitting Leather Seats From Toledo 2.3 V5

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
leonlad said:
dont think they will fit the new leon

moved ;)

your dealer can supply a seat motor at about £50 a side for the motor wiring but thats just the start of it to be honest - take a while to get too

the heating system is seperate again and the side airbags again seperate and the rest of the wiring involves more looms/relays/connections to the fuse box

not easy but thee not impossible really - best get a look at the wiring diagram to explain it easier - ask ya dealer for a copy - but ask nicely ;)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just the heated seat looms alone on mine were made up of 4 seperate looms at £30 each mind

so

take 1 diagram
add research and a list of part numbers to order
and a selection of correct amperage wiring
add the plastic blocks needed (genuine)
clip in the pin connections (genuine)
solder wires as per diagram and check/secure all
connect and test

VOILA - same thing for £35 ;)

100% made up of money/time/skill is all thats needed

i was skint so i went for options B & C

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Arctic said:
So is Leon to Leon an easier swap then? As it was 4 torx screws holding the seats in my 306!

May do it in the future

bolting em in is easy but wiring is the same hassle and same parts

advantage is if you have access to the car the seats come from GRAB the looms too :D

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
same way as i usually go then - the hard way :)

don't panic or try and do it all in one go - you'll get there

(says a man who's had his car in pieces for the last 3 weeks) :p

Toledo_130

sorry for digging up an old tread 4 years later... BUT

im in the same situation with the same seats only im fitting mine to a toledo with manual movement at present..

did you ever get the seats workin SHADY-NINJA??? im also only lookin the electric workin (not worry about the heating etc but if its handy to get workin il try it)

the drivers seat has a memory setting, can this be made to work as there seems to be a ecu under the seat..

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
coffin_opening_skelet_a_hc.gif

sorry did someone try to wake me...............................,

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
sorry for digging up an old tread 4 years later... BUT

im in the same situation with the same seats only im fitting mine to a toledo with manual movement at present..

did you ever get the seats workin SHADY-NINJA??? im also only lookin the electric workin (not worry about the heating etc but if its handy to get workin il try it)

the drivers seat has a memory setting, can this be made to work as there seems to be a ecu under the seat..

yes i did.
i spent a further £250 to strip the foam, contuors and leather off the v5 seats thereby reducing it to a skeletal bare shell.
then i had my seats stripped and reduced to bare skeletal shell retaining my airbags.
then the contours, foam and leather were transfered to my frame then it looked like this........,

Picture077.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Toledo_130

you basicly you put the leather and foam onto ur orginal seat base as you wanted the airbags to work properly..

never actually thought about the airbags..

btw wot did you spend 250 on?? my full interior only cost me 150 and its mint, not not to have to spend another 250

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
you basicly you put the leather and foam onto ur orginal seat base as you wanted the airbags to work properly..

never actually thought about the airbags..

btw wot did you spend 250 on?? my full interior only cost me 150 and its mint, not not to have to spend another 250

I spent that £250 on labour alone coz i want it to be perfect with no warning airbag or management lights flashing on my dashboard.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.