fix broken fob?

Martiniko

May 25, 2017
Hi,

I have two keys to my Seat Leon (2013 years model).
one of the keys stopped working (the other works so it is definitely the fob).
the LEDs blink when I tried to press the buttons. I changed the battery and that did not help. even tried switching the battery with the other (working) fob. nothing works.
tried to sync the key by opening the door manually while pressing the "open" button (to sync). did not work either.

So I am running out of ideas.. seems like the fob is just broken...
the dealer wants more than 300 euro to fix it (making a new replacement fob).. seems a bit much I think...

so I have two more ideas:
1. buy a fob online (from a junkyard) and reprogram it with my OBDeleven.
Does anyone know if this is at all possible? how would I go about to do that?

2. buy a fob and desolder any chip that holds the codes or whatever and transfer it to the replacement fob. or alternatively to find where the error is on my fob and fix it (might be something simple if I am lucky)...

any advice?

fob part number: 5F0959752B

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
keys seem to be ridiculous prices unless it's a basic key and then the labour to code them is just as bad.
Id get another key and code it, either a breakers or eBay and if you prefer your own key body just transfer it over, I had to when I upgraded my key as per instructions on here in "How to section"

Unfortunately I don't know enough about OBDeleven to code a key but in theory you should be able to

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise