Flickering infotainment screen

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Brand new (late March) Ateca Xperience and so far had the infotainment screen flicker (as if it was loose rather than disappearing) three times at random. Works as it should when flickering and returns to normal after a switch off. Will be taking it in under warranty, but wondered if any other similar experiences on the forum. presume they will just press reset, lose all my settings and say its sorted............

Tell

Staff member
First time I have heard of that one, I'd get it done under warranty. People film erratic stuff which comes and goes. If film-able show it to the dealer. Suspect the unit might need replacing. It could be the light sensor that adjusts the brightness to the ambient light. I'd leave to the experts.

Reactions: hamst
May 24, 2022
Brand new (late March) Ateca Xperience and so far had the infotainment screen flicker (as if it was loose rather than disappearing) three times at random. Works as it should when flickering and returns to normal after a switch off. Will be taking it in under warranty, but wondered if any other similar experiences on the forum. presume they will just press reset, lose all my settings and say its sorted............
Hi, Ive had a new Ateca Xperience for a couple of weeks now and have had the same flickering screen twice now. Did you resolve your fault? Regards

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Not had chance to get to the dealer due to holidays etc - not had the screen flicker again - but do have a poor video of it happening for when I do take it in! will update as and when.....

May 24, 2022
Hi
Yes, I've videod it aswell, as I'm sure it won't do it when i take it in.
Can you upload video to this forum? I tried but was unsuccessful.

Tell

Staff member

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
That's exactly the same as I saw on mine - been a couple of weeks without issue, but will still contact dealer to try and see if they have any info. Glad it wasn't just my old eyes seeing things!!

Reactions: Tell

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Solved the flickering problem by dying completely.... Screen is black and cannot be switched on and shows nothing so reversing camera, music, phone and navigation as well as anything else controlled by the screen is unavailable. The parking sensors beep but the road sign recognition also doesn't work. Hopefully the local dealer has someone who understands the system rather than simply ctrl alt del...... presumably there will also be a long long wait before they will even look at it!! Will update as I get more info.

Tell

Staff member
There won't be a debate about the issue not being found. The reboots are for when the program wanders out of memory it's suppose to be in, flicker is an electronic issue I'd say rather than a programming issue. Could be a lead falling out if not plugged in correctly all the way during build or a component giving way. Warranty issue.

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Spoke to Service Manager at local dealer (who actually rang me back) and explained problem. Asked me to start the car up and press and hold the on 'button' on the infotainment screen for 15 seconds. Eventually sprang into life and appears to be working perfectly again without losing any of my personal settings. He did say though if it happens again then get it booked in for further investigation and has made a note of the issue - as have I! Hopefully it won't recur.....

Tell

Staff member
That's the normal reboot... did you not try that 😉. Restarts the program. If something weird happens with a mib unit that's the one to try. Going black must be something that Mib3's do.

Your flickering screen may remain thou, failure to come on when pressing on / off may be on top of the original issue.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.