Fog light grills and bulbs

supercopa

Jul 22, 2013
South London
Hi all,

First proper post so go easy with a newbie.

I tried to change the fog light bulbs today for PHILIPS DIAMOND VISION. Brought H3 bulbs as per the user manual and found they were not to be the case. Can anyone confirm what bulb is required for a '62 plate Leon Supercopa please.

Also what a pain in the a*** it was to get those grills off to get behind the fog light. I did read a number of peoples reviews and didnt think it was going to be as difficult but it really was. Has anyone found an easier way to get those grills off other than brute force.

I also noticed that they dont tend to go back on very well and leave bigger fitment gaps than when they were first on.

Poor design for the fogs, found the other lights very easy to deal with.

Thanks in advance.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I did exactly same pal the manual is stupid. I have a facelift Leon FR and my bulbs where Hb4 I think. If you google the picture of had the L bend case attached to it.

supercopa

Jul 22, 2013
South London
Your right it definately has the 'L' bend attached to it however even the bulb didnt have the reference number on it after nearly scraping my knuckles to pieces and having to bend random bits of trim out the way and then becoming a temporary contortionist to get my thick wrists and sausage fingers behind said random trim.

The manual definatly says H3 and from having seen the bulbs now it clearly is not H3. So if anyone can definately confirm a bulb number for me it would be very useful.

Last edited:

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
I think the manual refers to the fog lamp bulb for a normal bumper. If you have BTCC kit, with the Supercopa has the fog lamp bulb is different. Access should be through the black grill on the sides of the bumper, I did mine and it did not take long at all or was difficult. I can remember what the bulbs are called but they do have a l shape bend.

Koush

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise