Fog lights flash with indicators

Jul 24, 2022
Hi there guys hope everyone is doing well... Now for my question does anyone know how to code fog lights to work with the indicators soo basically when I indicate in a certain direction the fog light flashes with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope everyone has a good dayšŸ˜Š

Thank you

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Asked a mate, he thinks it would create an MOT issue, something he would need to look in too, but, just in case itā€™d be a fail.

Reactions: RUM4MO

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Hi there guys hope everyone is doing well... Now for my question does anyone know how to code fog lights to work with the indicators soo basically when I indicate in a certain direction the fog light flashes with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope everyone has a good dayšŸ˜Š

Thank you
That would be illegal.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I was just about to post the same as @martin j.

In summary, yes it would be possible via coding - fronts only as there is only a single fog bulb in the rear cluster.

Also, pre-FL or FL and model will make a difference to coding.

However, why? What are you trying to achieve?

Jul 24, 2022
Asked a mate, he thinks it would create an MOT issue, something he would need to look in too, but, just in case itā€™d be a fail.
I just want it for style as I've seen it on mk7 golf gtd and it looked quite good and before it goes for the mot I'd remove it and restore it back to normal via vcds

Jul 24, 2022
I was just about to post the same as @martin j.

In summary, yes it would be possible via coding - fronts only as there is only a single fog bulb in the rear cluster.

Also, pre-FL or FL and model will make a difference to coding.

However, why? What are you trying to achieve?
Its a pre facelift model 2014 leon fr and What I am trying to achieve is when I turn the left/right signal on for the fogs to flash with it. Thank you

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
You can do it with an ODB. Personally, Iā€™m not a fan. Iā€™ve even deactivated my DRLs šŸ‘€
8C616856-9717-44C2-ABF4-580A9FEC4D75.jpeg

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Why turn off DRLs? They are a safety feature. Illegal to de-activate? If you car is after 01/03/2018 it will fail MOT if DRLs are not working.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Why not? You can't see them when you're driving. Other driver's can - which is the whole point.

My 2018 Leon also has the rear sidelights always on - excellent idea.
I just donā€™t. I donā€™t see the point of having lights on the whole time the cars on. My auto lights come on early, before itā€™s dark dark. And my cars white anyway so easy to spot. Shouldnā€™t need DRLs on to spot me in daylight.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The cornering fog function is not illegal and comes as standard on newer cars.

Get a carista dongle and you can change it on that via an app on your phone.

Cost Ā£9.99 a month but you can cancel after you have enabled it

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I used Carista to turn my rear DLR's on all of the time. Nice little feature.
I can't remember if we've talked about this before, but from the inside, do you get the two red LED lights on above the rear view mirror on all the time? Also things like the centre console buttons being lit all the time.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I can't remember if we've talked about this before, but from the inside, do you get the two red LED lights on above the rear view mirror on all the time? Also things like the centre console buttons being lit all the time.
Using VCDS there are two different ways to code the lights. An auto version which causes the submarine lights to activate. However it is possible to activate each light separately to do this. Iā€™m out today, but will link a couple of posts/webpages that will help:

Look for ā€˜daytime running lights with tail lightsā€™.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Why not? You can't see them when you're driving. Other driver's can - which is the whole point.

My 2018 Leon also has the rear sidelights always on - excellent idea.
I liked that on my Mk 3.5 FR the rear LED lights always on, Mk 4 only when the sensor detects darkness. :( .

Last edited: