Folding Mirror NIGHTMARE!

Zaac

Oct 3, 2014
Derby
My folding mirrors are playing up, right one is perfect, left one not to perfect.... I think the motor has an issue because when i press to move it left it goes up right for down etc lol... when i hold my lock button the right mirror folds up left one remains unless i manually move it. If i get in and turn the key right one unfolds and left one folds (if i dont manually fold it before hand) and when i flick the nob to bring them in the right one goes up but left one stays but when i return it to the normal position the right one unfolds then the left one folds in lol! how the hell do i fix this its baffling me

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
It may be that you need to spray some silicone spray into the mechanism for the dodgy mirror, to lubricate it. That solved the issue I had, namely that the driver side did not always fold or unfold fully. Sometimes it would go halfway up, they all the way up when I unfolded the other side.

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
My folding mirrors are garbage on my mk 2 leon. Sometimes I have to turn the engine back off to bring them out.. Dealership say there is nothing wrong with them...grrrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zaac

Oct 3, 2014
Derby
i brought a brand new unit and motor and it didn't change anything one goes and one doesn't also my cigarette lighter doesn't work but the fuse is fine and the auto closing window passenger side doesn't work.... every now and again when i get in and fire the car up the passenger wing mirror will fold in haha im getting an auto electrician on it tommorow to see what happens but im getting angry with it now!!

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
That does sound more extensive than what lubrication can solve. Any dampness in the car at all? Wet carpets? Non working rear washwipe?

Zaac

Oct 3, 2014
Derby
No mate nothing out the ordinary, i did have a fault code for passenger electric mirror open circuit fault. the switch in the centre console left send the mirror up right down up sends it left etc etc... but works fine for the right mirror up sends it up etc.... no wet floors etc. just baffled....

RRG

Feb 23, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I have a 2005 seat leon fr tdi with a similar issue ... Although both mines aren't working :(:(! Did you ever find a solution to the problem Zaac? And I have a non working back skoosher and a damp carpet behind my driver seat ... Does that relate to this problem Mike0105?

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
This is regarding your window. Have you had the battery off recently ? Because mine did the same and stopped working in the auto function before I realised you have to make it 're learn' it again just by holding the button down until all the way down and up until the windows all the way up? .. And my passenger mirror also use to play up and not unfold so I'd have to pull it down. When I bought it But is fine now. I think it's just where some people don't bother with them and the motor doesn't get used.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I do think that they do need to be used to stop them seizing. I use them every time I park now, smooth every time. Even when frosty!

Aug 6, 2013
Thatcham, Berkshire
I do think that they do need to be used to stop them seizing. I use them every time I park now, smooth every time. Even when frosty!

Ive had it twice now where one mirrors fails to fold out. Lose complete control of them as well. Only way I've got them to work again is to have the ignition off for 10 or so mins and they work normally again

rich.leon

Leon FR TFSI, DSG
Oct 25, 2012
Rochester, Kent
My drivers side is currently soo noisy like a loud clicking noise and sometimes will not fold all the way in, the noise I can spray and it'll go for a while but always comes back. The folding when it doesn't fold in I twist the switch just a little bit further and it will bring the mirror the 'extra' little needed to be folded all the way, maybe a problem with the switch? Im not sure but sure is annoying

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.