Folding mirrors when driving/engine running does not work

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
I can't get the Leon FR mirrors to fold when driving or the engine running. They fold when holding down the remote lock button, and unfold when the engine starts. The only time I have got them to fold in is when I manual unfolded them before the car started. The Seat easy connect option to fold when park is ticked.

Any one else have this problem or does it work as expected via the rotary control button on the door?

Last edited:

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Use the mirror adjustment knob at the drivers door. The 10 o'clock position you can use to fold them.

Thats whats not working. moving the switch to the fold position is not working.

edit: just been out to check and when the ignition is on but engine not started the mirror door switch works ok folding/unfolding the mirrors. Just when engine running/driving that it does n't.

On my Altea I used to fold the mirrors in when going down narrow lanes etc, so I can't believe this should n't work.

Last edited:

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
I always do it with the little button in the door. Never been able to get them to fold in automatically. The button should be in 6 'o clock position for that to happen, right? But it doesn't. I never thought much of it anyway. Whenever I park anywhere where folding them is needed (I do it most of the time, but not always) I just do it with the door button.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Mine fold using the mirror knob when engine is running, do it everytime when parking into the garage.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
In my former 1P the knob in the door worked also when driving.
In my Cupra I changed the behaviour (with vcds) of the key so when locking the doors they immediately fold in.
Did not test the knob in the door when driving.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Yep, mine will fold in on the button whilst driving - was trying to get 'heat' to demise them the other morning and I folded them in on the way !!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Yep, mine will fold in on the button whilst driving - was trying to get 'heat' to demise them the other morning and I folded them in on the way !!

I first thought my mirrors were not heating, as on all my Biza Cupras the mirrors heated when the rear screen did, with no seperate button, better that way I think.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
I think I have a similar problem to this. When I try to fold/unfold the mirrors using the switch in the car, it's very unpredictable, doesn't work every time. Doesn't bother me enough to take it back to the dealers yet again though.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
I think I have a similar problem to this. When I try to fold/unfold the mirrors using the switch in the car, it's very unpredictable, doesn't work every time. Doesn't bother me enough to take it back to the dealers yet again though.

Pleased to say mine have started to work now :D, after folding in manually when parked engine off ignition on, then ignition switched off and they folded out on their own, and seem to behave themselves now.

There must be a gremlin in there somewhere.

KenTT

Pleased to say mine have started to work now :D, after folding in manually when parked engine off ignition on, then ignition switched off and they folded out on their own, and seem to behave themselves now.

There must be a gremlin in there somewhere.

There seems to be a great deal of the cars functions are driven by software and every now and then the sequence of functions get out of step :(

My daughters 2013 FR had one of the door illuminations stayed stuck on red, even though the car was not in sports mode.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Update: So after 1 year I think I have worked out the odd mirror switch behaviour.

The mirrors will only fold when using the switch after moving off at a certain speed, possibly the same speed that the doors autolock. They will then fold when driving up to speeds of 30 mph. Above 30 mph they don't fold.

Getting the deal to look at this next week. I wan't them to fold when I move the switch regardless of speed!.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.