Folding Wing Mirror Issues

Jul 30, 2020
Hello,

Recently I have noticed that when activating my wing mirrors to close they are not. I haven't noticed this before as i never really use it but this seems to have only happened since i got my driver side door replaced.

Does anyone know what the issue could be as the mirror itself can be adjusted but the wing mirror will not fold up without being manually done.

Thanks
Joseph

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
What about your door was replaced? If the door was off a car without electric folding mirrors, was the mirror changed over, or just the painted panel to match? If you can manually fold the mirror (by pushing it?) it sounds like the mirror wasn't changed but the button was?
Could also be the module in the new door is not coded for electric mirrors, so doesn't look for the fold position on the switch

Reactions: Mountie3
Jul 30, 2020
What about your door was replaced? If the door was off a car without electric folding mirrors, was the mirror changed over, or just the painted panel to match? If you can manually fold the mirror (by pushing it?) it sounds like the mirror wasn't changed but the button was?
Could also be the module in the new door is not coded for electric mirrors, so doesn't look for the fold position on the switch
The door is of the same model as mine, the door card and buttons were kept the same and so was the mirrors. Im presuming its just not wired correctly but im not certain.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
I suspect then that the door came off a car without electric folding mirrors. Although you have swapped the mirror assembly and switch, I suspect the control module (usually attached to the door) was not swapped.

If you have a friend/local mecanic with VCDS or similar, get them to check the module coding. It might just need enabling. You may be able to ask a local SEAT dealer but they may charge

Reactions: Mountie3

Troubs12

May 30, 2020
Depending on where you’re located but if you need vcds and are in the southwest I can help you out to see if it’s coded properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.