Forge Non Reasonated Polished Alloy Boost Pipe - LCR 1.8T - Now Available

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Mine came today and I am bitterly disappointed, it has scratches all over it and the breather pipes welded into it, protrude into the allegedly smooth flow path :(

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
Mine turned up today too and Im a bit disappointed like Mark. Scratches on the body of the pipe (nothing major, just little nicks that annoy) and the breather pipes extend too far into the tube too. Ill try and get some pics sent over Damian. FMIC is spot on though! Thanks again.

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
I'm getting a bit concerend about mine now and I haven't received it yet. I'm quite suprised with the pipes going through too far too. I don't have much experience with forge but I've always heard good things about their products.

Don't suppose anyone has got round to fitting theirs yet have they?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
That's not too bad surely? I had visions of them sticking like halfway across the inside diameter of the pipe. I presume there would have to be at least a little bit of the smaller pipes inside the larger one to get a strong weld, could be wrong tho.

That said the photos of the exterior do look like it's pretty tatty, Forge stuff normally looks very well made so that's a bit of a let-down on their part.

I'm still interested but going to hold off until some folks have theirs fitted and tested for a bit, want a rear ARB before engine bay bling.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
The pipe doesn't have to be protruding 7-8mm into the path of flow to give a strong external weld and even if it does, it doesn't take a lot of effort to remove it, isn't this the whole purpose of a high flow pipe?

These are photos on a iphone as well, they don't really show the scratches in their full glory :(

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
I must admit the pipes are not as bad as I thought they were gonna be. Not good about the damage tho.

Can't wait to get mine now and get it on. Really want to see if there is any difference.

ForgeMotorsport

Guys I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the product supplied.....and it would appear our standards have dropped in this instance ..
We are unable to supply a replacement as the small one off batch we had made have now all been sold. All I can offer is your money back,through the dealer or through us if you ordered from us , but this is subject to the return of the product,

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
Here are some pics of mine:

It almost looks to me like it has been fitted to someone elses car, the majority of scratches are around the top part that connects to the turbo, and it looks like there is some under where the clamp would hold it down.

Dont get me wrong, Its not bad enough to not fit it to my car, but it is a bit disappointing for it to have as many scratches as it does :(

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
Well I've inspected mine and I'm pleased to say I'm happy with it. It's got a couple of minor scratches on it but nothing a little bit of polish won't sort out. And the pipes don't petrude though as much as I thought either.

Now for the fitting tomorrow :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Guys I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the product supplied.....and it would appear our standards have dropped in this instance ..
We are unable to supply a replacement as the small one off batch we had made have now all been sold. All I can offer is your money back,through the dealer or through us if you ordered from us , but this is subject to the return of the product,
Does that mean you're not making any more? I'm personally still interested so long as whatever the issue with the quality of the first batch was sorted out.

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
Well I've fitted mine and so far so good. Does feel like it spools up a little quicker and does make a slight bit more noise.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I've fitted it today and despite my concerns over the aesthetics, the turbo does boost quicker which is quite a consideration driving in London, also you can hear more turbo spool which is cool!

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor