Formentor changing vehicle settings randomly

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
Hi

Sorry if these are posted before just some questions I have

1. Does your formentor randomly change vehicle settings when you are driving and you have to press ok for it to sod off.. ac heated seats etc it's all changed.. I've noticed it happen a good bit and rather annoying

2. I've a manual but sometimes when I press start (clutch fully down) it doesn't start. I've to release the clutch, press button and clutch again its weird

3. Can anyone unlock and lock their car using the app .. the app only works half the time

4. Had a tyre sensor issue and lights being funny too

5. Can you stop the phone charging mat from charging constantly? Phone gets too hot so I don't put it there.

Any thoughts or experiences yourself ?
Thank you

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
My Leon does this sometimes when I start it and I just press cancel. It will keep doing it every time I start it again until I press ok. It’s almost as though it just wants a refresh sometimes and it doesn’t actually seem to change much on mine.

Reactions: Scriminjer

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I had the settings randomly changing - I found it was that the car kept on not selecting the primary user when I got in (defaulting to guest), meaning all my radio stations changed, widgets on the display, etc..

Got so sick of it in the end, I just deleted the primary user and set everything up as I want on the guest profile. It does mean I can't use the app, but that's a useless piece of rubbish anyway, and also prevents online services such as live traffic and updates. However they're all things I'd use quite infrequently, whereas it failing to select the correct profile was happening every few days, and usually locked up the infotainment system for 10-15 minutes whilst it tried. 😡

Reactions: Tormentor

Deleted member 135594

I have had mine for a month now. And it has been great up until now.
But the last few days it started acting a bit strange...
I can´t unlock the doors on the handles anymore. Locking still works fine.
Sometimes it changes mode from comfort to sport while driving.
Passenger side mirror dips when reversing half the time.
A few times it activated the android auto voice command window by itself.
I am taking it to the shop to get tested Friday....starting to miss my Bavarian:sneaky:

Dec 5, 2022
5. Wireless charging heating is really annoying, but it seems it's general issue in the cars. I think you can't turn it off (at least for now), so I just put there a pad so it's not charging at all and I can charge it by cable. I plan to 3d print an adapter there.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
There is Insufficient power supplied by the wireless charging pad when you are using android auto AND using the phone as a wifi hotspot that the car connects to rather than the other way round. Not the cars fault or the phones, it's just the way it is. I pop the phone in the arm rest and plug it in there using a standard cig lighter to USB adaptor. After having mine for a couple of weeks it seems the 'random' settings change seems to be that when you start the car, if you change nothing, then it does not ask you to save or cancel, if you make any change, i.e. change a display setting, long term data to since refuel for example, it will then ask you if you wish to save settings after about a minute; it then holds that setting when you next start the car. If you cancel, then next time you start it will go back to displaying the long term data. I think it also may apply to temperature and mode too, but haven't fully tested that theory yet.

Deleted member 135594

Update..
Went to the shop and waited almost 4 hours while the car uploaded the latest software.
Tested the keyless access 3 times before i went home. Worked perfectly.
Went home. Locked the car. Left it for 15 minutes. And then...keyless access not working again.
What a total piece of .....

Oh...and regarding the missing engine cover.
There is an updated version now. But not for free. Cupra want around EUR 150 for it. Awesome customer service.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Update..
Went to the shop and waited almost 4 hours while the car uploaded the latest software.
Tested the keyless access 3 times before i went home. Worked perfectly.
Went home. Locked the car. Left it for 15 minutes. And then...keyless access not working again.
What a total piece of .....

Oh...and regarding the missing engine cover.
There is an updated version now. But not for free. Cupra want around EUR 150 for it. Awesome customer service.
Is it the same with both fobs?

Deleted member 135594

Is it the same with both fobs?
Yes, i tried with both.
When we tested it at the shop it was with the one i used from the beginning.
The mechanic told me to reset the internet connection using both fobs when i got home. That worked fine. But maybe that messed up the doors again(?)

Asked the shop if we can make a deal on a parallel import 118I/120i Msport. So i can get rid of this and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Hi

Sorry if these are posted before just some questions I have

1. Does your formentor randomly change vehicle settings when you are driving and you have to press ok for it to sod off.. ac heated seats etc it's all changed.. I've noticed it happen a good bit and rather annoying

2. I've a manual but sometimes when I press start (clutch fully down) it doesn't start. I've to release the clutch, press button and clutch again its weird

3. Can anyone unlock and lock their car using the app .. the app only works half the time

4. Had a tyre sensor issue and lights being funny too

5. Can you stop the phone charging mat from charging constantly? Phone gets too hot so I don't put it there.

Any thoughts or experiences yourself ?
Thank you
5. I use the wireless charger only for short trips or when my phone battery is low. Same heating issues like all other people.

Apr 15, 2024
Just use wireless charger without Android Auto (not always needed, like short trips). It charges really fast.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise