Formentor Random Rear Squeak

Bsorin

Jun 21, 2022
Hello there,

I have some rear random squeaks coming from rear, mostly like from the upper side of C pillar. More like a pop sound on table on some bumps, when the chassis twists. A Passat user said that it could be from the longitudinal roof bars.

Also, on some bad roads, gravel or marble roads there is a rattle on the front side, maybe on the left wheel.
I had these noises, since pickup of the car.
Dealer checked on the first service and said there is nothing wrong.

Did some of you had same similar issues?

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
This is actually the first brand new car I have had, that doesn't have any squeak at all.

And my last two vehicles were Audi and mercedes..

It couldn't be something under the boot floor? Maybe something in there causing the rear one?

Reactions: Hizzards

Vissa

Aug 25, 2022
Hellevoetsluis
Do you have the pano roof? I had some weird squeaking / popping sound when the chassis twisted. Dealer located the sound, one of the bolts of the pano roof rails came loose.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A car’s weather stripping around the upper door frames and rubber door seals that’ve dried out (often caused by harsh car washing products) can cause creaking noises as they move against the car‘s body when it flexes.

Applying a lubrication product such as VW’s Krytox or Gummi Pflege to the seals can help. I’ve personally not used Krytox which is very expensive but it does get good reviews on forums by those that have used it; a little goes a long way and the effects last longer than with the cheaper Gummi Pflege (I’ve used Gummi Pflege and found it to be OK).

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
A car’s weather stripping around the upper door frames and rubber door seals that’ve dried out (often caused by harsh car washing products) can cause creaking noises as they move against the car‘s body when it flexes.

Applying a lubrication product such as VW’s Krytox or Gummi Pflege to the seals can help. I’ve personally not used Krytox which is very expensive but it does get good reviews on forums by those that have used it; a little goes a long way and the effects last longer than with the cheaper Gummi Pflege (I’ve used Gummi Pflege and found it to be OK).
This.
I haven’t tried Gummi pflege but I use VAG krytox (G 052 172 A1) once a year on all rubber seals on doors and pano roof and while it’s expensive per ml, it’s very good. You will only need small amounts. Start with the less expensive and buy the VAG lubrication if it doesn’t help. I’ve had my small bottle around three years and there’s still plenty left.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
I get some squeaking which sounds exactly like "rubber against something", when I go slowly over curbs at an angle so everything twists. Gonna try some silicone stuff

Bsorin

Jun 21, 2022
This is actually the first brand new car I have had, that doesn't have any squeak at all.

And my last two vehicles were Audi and mercedes..

It couldn't be something under the boot floor? Maybe something in there causing the rear one?
That's the problem. There is no noise, but suddenly there's a pop squeak sound in the rear.
Do you have the pano roof? I had some weird squeaking / popping sound when the chassis twisted. Dealer located the sound, one of the bolts of the pano roof rails came loose.
No pano roof.

I could reproduce finally the sound with the doors open.
If I hit the upper side of the door frame, then pull the roof rails, it pops around the rear windows..

On stronger twists I think it pops also on the left side...

Jan 11, 2022
I have this on my Formentor as well, Hybrid 245. When I drive in a quiet zone, electric, it drives me nuts. It is basically like driving an old car. I drove together with a mechanic from my dealer and he admitted it is very annyoing. We then drove a brand new Formentor and the sound was the same...there is nothing they can do...it is, how they say it in German, "stand der Technik"...which is basically the quality of the car :(