Formentor - rattling doors....

Nov 3, 2020
hey guys!

i am new here and actually i do look for help.

i recently got my Formentor, i am very pleased with it BUT whenever i get a little more bass from the sound system i get a freaking rattle inside both front doors (more prominent on the dirver side)...

we had several Seats (Ateca, Leon FR, Tarraco) and none of them had that... very annoying...

is there an easy fix or do i have to get my car to the dealership? (i get some sort of free inspection in 2 weeks)

cheers!

Reactions: Syphon

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
hey guys!

i am new here and actually i do look for help.

i recently got my Formentor, i am very pleased with it BUT whenever i get a little more bass from the sound system i get a freaking rattle inside both front doors (more prominent on the dirver side)...

we had several Seats (Ateca, Leon FR, Tarraco) and none of them had that... very annoying...

is there an easy fix or do i have to get my car to the dealership? (i get some sort of free inspection in 2 weeks)

cheers!
This car is likely to new to get any solid answers as yet. I would suggest referring it to your dealer and see how you get on. Giving feedback here on your experience and the solution may help others.

Reactions: jcbmally
Nov 3, 2020
This car is likely to new to get any solid answers as yet. I would suggest referring it to your dealer and see how you get on. Giving feedback here on your experience and the solution may help others.

i will post feedback after that check up, i already informed them about the rattling
by browsing the net i saw actually a lot of people experience the same issue with different cars from low end to high end prices

Reactions: Damo H

Lehn

Jan 23, 2017
Denmark
I had the same in my 2018 Audi S3. The vibration came from where the plastic panel on the inside touches the metal part of the door.

I ended up sticking some of the below rubber band (used for windows in houses) on the metal part of the door while lifting out the plastic. This made the plastic sit tight and not touching the metal - and bam the rattle was gone! (Please see my fine illustration below of where I put the band).

1604407620225.png

1604408241916.png

Nov 3, 2020
I had the same in my 2018 Audi S3. The vibration came from where the plastic panel on the inside touches the metal part of the door.

I ended up sticking some of the below rubber band (used for windows in houses) on the metal part of the door while lifting out the plastic. This made the plastic sit tight and not touching the metal - and bam the rattle was gone! (Please see my fine illustration below of where I put the band).

View attachment 19590

View attachment 19591

if the dealership does not fix the issue i will for sure try this

thanks!

Reactions: Damo H
Jan 19, 2022
i will post feedback after that check up, i already informed them about the rattling
by browsing the net i saw actually a lot of people experience the same issue with different cars from low end to high end prices
Did you ever sort out the issue? I have a similar issue I hear a rattling at low speeds

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.