fr 184 sudden loss of power

Ewan

May 7, 2008
Hi has anyone noticed that every now and then you get a sudden but brief loss of power.

I have scanned the car and no fault is logged.

I also had this with my mk2 fr after the injectors had been changed under warranty. Again no fault codes were logged.

Anyone any ideas?

Last edited:

Gladiator

Apr 19, 2014
Hi Ewan

Yes I've noticed exactly the same with my FR184.

Happens every now and then and only for a brief second.

Just had it serviced no faults found?

Ewan

May 7, 2008
I have had it too, I think I have only had it in sport mode. Thought I was going mad so good to know I'm not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Interesting I have only ever driven it in sport mode as it makes little of no difference in the manual car.

Will try in normal mode for a while to see if issue re occurs.

Del80y

Apr 2, 2014
Essex
So Glad I thought I was also going mad
mine also has this issue. I have tried it in all modes with start stop on and off and it appears to do it in all modes.
very intermittently and as you say for briefest of time only
also has any one else noticed that sometimes when You come to a stop and engine on idle it will get very rough as if it wants to stall and then recovers, again only for a second or so.
I normally find the loss of power if you lift off throttle and reapply a small amount or sometimes after gear change huge flat spot then away as normal

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Are you sure it's not the ESC system applying brakes when taking off on slippery roads? I've noticed something like what you describe on my 1.8 TSI when there's rain. On my mk2 there was fuel cut off on the engine, now in the mk3 it seems there are brakes applied instead to prevent wheels from slipping and the feeling in the car is pretty weird, seems like sudden loss of power. I can imagine there's much rain there in the UK and the TDI has even more torque than the TSI losing traction easily.

Last edited:

bnic11

Mar 21, 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have noticed a slight hesitation / flat spot when the Regen DPF Cycle has just started running. Does not happen every time the Regen runs though.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
i have the seat leon fr 180 petrol find exactly the same, does it more in sport mode mentioned it at first service 2 weeks ago and seat told me there is nothing they can do unless a error code comes up, i think it happens so fast that it cant show error.i have had 5 leons and 2 of them were diesels and they did it seat could not find anything wrong with them,i spoke to a mate of mine which is a electronics enginner and he told me to spray wd40 on back of throttle pedal and that cured it perfect as it works on a pertensonometer have not tried it yet on mine.but it cannot be engine fault if diesel and petrol do it as it only happens for a split second

Last edited: