fr clocks in a sport !

Apr 14, 2011
Well me and bondiblu have managed to get fr clocks working in ny car ! ( he did all the work with I sat there and couldn't understand a thing he did haha ) got to go back for final coding cause ny old clocks were to badly damaged but no more stupid starting problem now and car runs better after being reset

Happy days :) !

IxOZxI

Jun 16, 2011
How hard is this to do? Just to get the look because they look so nice and I really really want to jazz up the interior of my sport. It's quite dreary at the moment!

Apr 14, 2011
Well mine took 4 hours of bondiblus time haha and its still not right cause of my old clocks being knackered ! I certainly wouldn't try it myself

Knuckles

Well I'm in the same boat, my old clocks were faulty which made the immob kick in all the time and now I've got to get some replacements and am looking at FR's for my PD130.

I want to know what took 4 hours to fit FR clocks in if poss?

Apr 14, 2011
Just my old clocks were that badly gone couldn't.get the right info off them so hes disabled the immobisor till he's fixed the old ones. If your old ones arnt in that bad condition it wouldnt take as long. Bondiblu would do the swap for a small fee :) they look miles Better than the 6 dial ones and if you did put 6 dial ones back in you could have the same problem I had and that was the new set still had problems !!!!

Knuckles

Right so basically if I get a good working set with a decent immob that works and can have it coded in will it be a straight forward swap? The car's at an auto electrician and they are just waiting for me to provide a replacement instrument cluster

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Right so basically if I get a good working set with a decent immob that works and can have it coded in will it be a straight forward swap? The car's at an auto electrician and they are just waiting for me to provide a replacement instrument cluster

It may possibly just need coding in, but it wouldn't do it with Vag-com even with pins for both sets of clocks. I've had to manually modify the Hex dump. Just make sure you are replacing like for like, as in 130PD for 130PD or else the needle will be out against the backing.

Knuckles

It won't be a PD130 if the clocks are from an FR TDi though will it? I thought the FR's were all 150s?

Knuckles

I'm not referring to the petrol model. These are definitely FR diesel clocks

via Rev-Illusion Tapatalk for iPhone

Knuckles

Ah so if they're defo FR tdi clocks they "should" work essentially? How did you disable the immob? Pm me if you don't want to say please

Apr 14, 2011
You'd be better putting it stright in if you just disable it then you'll be driving round with the light flashing. I've no idea how it was done but I'm sure bondiblu will let you know. I tried watching him but couldn't understand a thing haha .

Apr 14, 2011
Clocks are now fully working !!!!!!! Immobloser is turned on and the clocks have been coded ! Just needs the milage changing but good feeling them working perfectly unlike my sport ones

matthodgie

I am having problems with my 6 dial clocks aswell and have bought a set of fr tdi clocks off a blt engine code fr and was wondering if someone could help a fellow Ibiza owner :D ?????