Fr dpf wanted

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Has anyone got a good dpf for sale?? To fit the 2008 leon fr pd engine
Live in the hereford area and would travel to pickup!

Still smokey with new map mate? :S
TBH im not really to bothered about the amount of smoke which comes from a map aslong as its not loads!!! And its only during heavy load accelration^^

Hows the car?
I finally got my LEDs fitted :p
EGR delete made some power deifference aswell along with the new exhaust system hehe

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
No not smokin much now just not happy with only made 190bhp with other map i had more than that on my old one with the dpf in and its bugging me having to clean all black crap off the back end all the time, just thinkin if i can get one cheap ish i will put it back standard and keep my 3 year warrenty!

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
I had the insides taken out of mine! And no i get three years extra warrenty as i had the car from a dealer and paid extra for it

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I keep reading about people doing this. It's got to be better to replace it with a straight pipe than gut it out........................................

Yep and fail MOT as You have no cat on ...

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
If you replace it with a pipe, Instant Fail MOT because DPF will be gone
If you gut the insides, The DPF is still visible therefore MOT Pass!
MOT only visually checks ths DPF (See if there are any holes, damages etc, If it looks good it passes)

And thats why we gut the DPF instead of using a bypass pipe =]
Ofcourse you could take off the pipe before every MOT but i really cant be bothered haha

Also diesels do not get tested on emissions, They only get a smoke test which you should pass easily, even with a remap at stage 1! Stage 2 is far to smokey from what i have seen.......

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If you replace it with a pipe, Instant Fail MOT because DPF will be gone
If you gut the insides, The DPF is still visible therefore MOT Pass!
MOT only visually checks ths DPF (See if there are any holes, damages etc, If it looks good it passes)

And thats why we gut the DPF instead of using a bypass pipe =]
Ofcourse you could take off the pipe before every MOT but i really cant be bothered haha

Also diesels do not get tested on emissions, They only get a smoke test which you should pass easily, even with a remap at stage 1! Stage 2 is far to smokey from what i have seen.......

Wrong

a quick email to VOSA Custom services to clarify this

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 22nd January 2012, concerning MOT
tests.

The check for a CAT only applies to petrol engined vehicles which qualify
for a full CAT test. There will be an update to the Inspection Manual in
Spring which will clarify this.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have
any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Rebecca
Customer Service Centre
VOSA Operations Directorate
Tel: 0300 123 9000

The staff at the VOSA Contact Centre are keen to hear your feedback on the
service that they provide for you,to enable them to further understand
customer requirements and make improvements where possible. Please take a
few moments to complete our Contact Centre Customer Feedback form by
clicking here

if you also read the rules for Petrol's section 7.3 you will see it mentions Cat's on every page, when you read the rules for Diesel's section 7.4 there is no mention anywhere of Cat's or DPF's

Diesel cars are only subject to Smoke tests, Cars 58+ Onwards are subject to a more strict smoke test

Section 7.1 also reads " on vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter"

The full cat emissions test is in section 7.3 (Petrol Section)

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
my PD170 went through 2 MOT's with Milltek DPF Delete pipe fitted, I even stood with the tester when he did the MOT and he didnt check for a Cat/DPF, He did however check the condition of the whole system

They where worried about the Smoke levels, After the injector replacement the smoke levels went down

if i was to turn my Sha.rk Stage2+ map on though it would of failed due to smoke density, its not the amount of smoke produced thats tested its the density of it

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
short answer is no at the moment your car wouldn't fail an MOT with the DPF removed or missing. however if our MOT comes into line with the rest of Europe regarding a DPF being checked (a. that it is fitted and b. that it has not been tampered with) at the point of testing then it more than definately would be a reason for failure. its all to do with protecting the environment i think!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise