FR vs TDi Sport Future Value

nebbers

Weighing up the options between an Altea FR and a 2.0 Tdi Sport. On aspect I am considering is the potential future value when changing car in a few years.

Can anyone advise just how much the future values will differ between the two?

In other words as the FR costs more than the sport now, will the FV also be comparably more in the future, say in 3 years. If the FVs are very similar, I would opt for the sport....

How do the predicted FVs for the Ibizas match up?

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
nebbers said:
Weighing up the options between an Altea FR and a 2.0 Tdi Sport. On aspect I am considering is the potential future value when changing car in a few years.

Can anyone advise just how much the future values will differ between the two?

In other words as the FR costs more than the sport now, will the FV also be comparably more in the future, say in 3 years. If the FVs are very similar, I would opt for the sport....

How do the predicted FVs for the Ibizas match up?

I would almost certainly say the FR will hold value a bit better than the Sport...

TonyC

I would have thought the FR will be worth a bit more than the Sport, but not by much & certainly not by the additional premium you have to pay when new.

Higher models in a range always depreciate more heavily from new. My BMW 330i Sport lost some 18k in the first 18 months - not much less than a 320D would cost !

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
TonyC said:
I would have thought the FR will be worth a bit more than the Sport, but not by much & certainly not by the additional premium you have to pay when new.

Higher models in a range always depreciate more heavily from new. My BMW 330i Sport lost some 18k in the first 18 months - not much less than a 320D would cost !

I would agree with Tony and further - percentage wise (of new cost), I would reckon that the FR will have a lower residual value, it may also be harder to get the same discount on a FR as a Sport, so increasing the residual gap.

Just my thoughts on the subject!
Cheers,
John.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.