FR vs Xperience Lux

Mooruk

Jun 26, 2017
Just after opinions. Currently have a 184bhp Leon FR but need to swap it for something higher off the ground. Always been keen on the FR Ateca but would really like heated seats and windscreen which you can only get on Xperience Lux model as far as I can see.

My query is whether there is any difference in handling between the two models. I can see that the Xperience Lux has a sports mode, but is this any different to the feel of the FR?

Thanks in advance.

Tell

Staff member
Suspect the sport mode will be the same if the engine and gear box is identical. I'd check the seats thou which may well be different. Without looking at the current specs the top of the range is always better. Stuff gets dropped off the lower models. In a DSG sport mode is different to conventional gears. I troop on in normal on my diesel and I don't flip the paddles. The leather seats are comfortable, heated seats work well. Not sure again without looking at the spec whether you have the wire less heated windscreen or the wired one as mine. Works well enough. I got mine when they were sold like pizza and you could buy all the toppings. I left off the tow bar, now you have to go to the Ateca Cupra to get the stuff I've got 😂. I used the old PC one of over specifying 😉.

Dunkelmann

Apr 14, 2018
Muxton, Shropshire
I have never come across anything that suggests the FWD Atecas differ in set up for driving at all (e.g. suspension, tuning, gearbox, engine). I couldn't understand why the FR range is popular since the Xperience range seemed to offer more. I opted for an Xperience because it had the same seats as the FR range and the X Lux, but with more of the tech I wanted and without the X Lux bits I didn't need/want. From my perspective only, the FR range was eye candywas and I didn't think it looked that different or more sporty. Since the specs have probably changed since my Dec 20 car, you would be best doing a feature by feature comparison using the latest specs on the SEAT site. However I think it boils down to different looks and spec levels only. They all drive the same.

Reactions: Tell

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
However I think it boils down to different looks and spec levels only. They all drive the same.
Are you sure? My father-in-law is collecting a brand new FR this week and the dealer told us the FR had stiffer suspension.

Do you know which cars have the self parking thing? My mother-in-law would love that but I'm not sure if the FR has it.

Tell

Staff member
Are you sure? My father-in-law is collecting a brand new FR this week and the dealer told us the FR had stiffer suspension.

Do you know which cars have the self parking thing? My mother-in-law would love that but I'm not sure if the FR has it.
It will have a button for that below the temperature round knob along the strip 😉. I got two, top view and the automatic parking. Never used automatic parking but I use top view all the time. If you got a blanking plate you haven't got it. Should have the logo on the button attached.

If Seat website is correct it's suppose to be on the FR listed under technology

But you'd best check with a model to be sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-111805.png
    Screenshot_20210926-111805.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20210926-114846.png
    Screenshot_20210926-114846.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210926-114858.png
    Screenshot_20210926-114858.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pig

Dunkelmann

Apr 14, 2018
Muxton, Shropshire
My Xperience has DCC, Dynamic Chassis Control, hidden away in the menus. It allows Sport, Normal and Comfort. You can program a custom driving setting for the engine/gearbox behaviour and suspension. For example you can have normal e/g with comfort suspension, or sports e/g with sports suspension.

Given the same platform is used on the FR and Xperience (that is, same physical components) I think the salesman is selling what he thinks the customer wants. The suspension is ultimately software controlled, hence the DCC. Perhaps this is the salesman's interpretation put in a way to sell the car simply.

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members